blackvue front camera problem

Patdom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI all, has anyone experienced a problem with a blackvue dr750 2ch lte the front camera stopped working only shows vertical lines, the rear camera is working okay, would be grateful for any info to help, before l have to send it off to blackvue repair shop which l think is in South Korea costing between $90 to $120 us dollars, thank you,from Patrick.

Morning Patdom -

I am currently experiencing this same issue - Only the "Front" Camera has multi-colored-Vertical lines.

Strange that we both have this occur at the same time - "Firmware" ?!?!

Morning Patdom -

I am currently experiencing this same issue - Only the "Front" Camera has multi-colored-Vertical lines.

Hi Cruizinfl, l had 2 choices, either bin the dash cam, or pay $100 to get it repaired, well l paid Amazon
£430 18 months ago, and l did complain to them about the camera only being 18 months old, and its now not working, but it fell on deaf ears, you will have to contact your seller first, then Blackvue support, they will guide you through the process of getting it repaired, if thats what you intend to do, from pickup, to being delivered back to me, only took 7 days, l thought that was really good, from UK, to South Korea, and back to me in the UK.

Morning Patdom -

Hi l did not notice if you had a Blackvue dash cam, or what, is firmware a dash cam. anyway good luck, with what ever you decide.

Sorry to necro this thread, but I had the same problem - no image from camera (only bottom info text), no image from camera except some vertical pink or green lines, or image but with pink or green lines scattered throughout.

I resolved mine, however. I took it apart to inspect the front camera/image sensor sub-assembly and the other main boards, and discovered during reassembly and testing that the front camera module may have shaken loose due to vibrations from driving and exposure to high SPL stereo equipment. Re-seating that module worked and the camera functions as expected again.

This may not work for everyone, but it's worth a shot, since if you're handy with small tools and electronics, it's a 10 minute job.

Back