Bluetooth Button(s)

SWoMP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an A129 Pro Duo which I use in two cars, depending on car use. Each car has a hardwire kit, GPS mount, Rear camera and cable. This configuration has been particularly useful in diagnosing problems in the early installation days as I could swap components. It also means all my journeys are captured on one SD card.
One of the cars, also has a Bluetooth button installed within finger reach of the steering wheel.
The recent thread on using the image capture button on the master unit (front camera) has set me wondering. Yesterday I used the car with the Bluetooth button installed, and despite the button not having been used for several months, with multiple master unit swaps between cars , it worked perfectly.
So my question is, if I purchased another Bluetooth button for the car that doesn't currently have one, would I be able to pair the new button with the head unit without losing the connection to the original button?

Perhps my question is too complicated.... lets try:
Can two Viofo Bluetooth image capture buttons be paired to the front camera master unit at the same time?
TIA for any help...

I have some cheap bluetooth buttons intended to be used as a remote shutter release for cell phone cameras. It does not seem to matter which one I use to trigger the camera.
If they are made cheaply enough, they may all have the same "unique" ID code, so as far as the phone is concerned, they are all the same button.
I think you will only find out for sure if you buy another button and try it.

So my question is, if I purchased another Bluetooth button for the car that doesn't currently have one, would I be able to pair the new button with the head unit without losing the connection to the original button?

Interesting question and I am leaning to saying it will work but must admit I don't have 2 of bluetooth buttons to test it.
I have had different Viofo dashcams connected but if I have two dashcams in one car then only one will respond to the button being pressed.

@VIOFO-Support may be able to clarify this for you.

Cheers.

Perhps my question is too complicated.... lets try:
Can two Viofo Bluetooth image capture buttons be paired to the front camera master unit at the same time?
TIA for any help...
One camera can just be matched with one Bluetooth button at the same time, just like your phone does.

Thanks for the replies. I therefore assume that when changing vehicles, I could re-pair the button by going through the 3 seconds process? Or would it be more complicated than that?

So my question is, if I purchased another Bluetooth button
Instead of having to;
1.) Spend an additional $20 on Bluetooth Remotes for every vehicle.
2.) Going through the pairing process, and hoping it doesn’t somehow become unpaired.
3.) Maintaining a fresh battery in them, and hoping it works when needed.

What if you could point your pie hole at your A129 Pro, and bark; “Lock Video”?
Well that’s the beauty of the A119 Mini 2 new Voice Command capability.
I’m in love using this convenient feature, along with “Turn On Wi-Fi”.
That’s because my original A119 Mini lives on my rear window.
And every time I wanted to change a setting, or download a clip I had to get out of the driver seat.
And go to the back seat to press the Wi-Fi button on the camera.
Now I can continue my sedentary lifestyle. Lol

I hope Viofo implements voice commands on all future cameras.
And I wish they could do the same on all the previous models with a firmware update but something tells me that’s not possible.
-Chuck

Back