Cansonic UltraDash Z3+ Standard Edition

Vortex Radar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just finished working on my video going over the updated Cansonic Ultradash Z3+ Standard Edition.

This video primarily focuses on the improvements to the original Z3 including things like jumping up to 1440p with the IMX335, the addition of WiFi, an optional rear cam, etc.

You can check out the video on the original version here:

I just finished working on my video going over the updated Cansonic Ultradash Z3+ Standard Edition.

This video primarily focuses on the improvements to the original Z3 including things like jumping up to 1440p with the IMX335, the addition of WiFi, an optional rear cam, etc.

You can check out the video on the original version here:

Looking forward to this one, the IMX335 was a solid performer

jumping up to 1440p with the IMX335, the addition of WiFi, an optional rear cam,
I remember your original review of the 1st gen Z3 like it was yesterday.
I was impressed with the level of improvements they added for the 2nd gen Z3+,(dual IMX335), Wi-Fi, and rear cam).
That’s more improvements than the DR970X & U3000 received for 2023.
Just kidding. lol

When the video went split screen with Cansonic & U3000 I heard a facepalm in my left ear coming from Seoul. lol

I remember your original review of the 1st gen Z3 like it was yesterday.
I was impressed with the level of improvements they added for the 2nd gen Z3+,(dual IMX335), Wi-Fi, and rear cam).
That’s more improvements than the DR970X & U3000 received for 2023.
Just kidding. lol

When the video went split screen with Cansonic & U3000 I heard a facepalm in my left ear coming from Seoul. lol
Just watched the video and d'oh, missed opportunity to put HDR on the rear cam for the U3000. Otherwise solid effort apart from lack of proper parking mode. Hopefully they get more traction with this model and can throw Starvis 2 sensors in there..

missed opportunity to put HDR on the rear cam for the U3000
Neither the front, or rear cam of the U3000 has HDR.
The "weird" processor does not support HDR.
So maybe in 2037 the U5000 with get a new processor that supports HDR.
By then we might be on STARVIS 3. lol

Neither the front, or rear cam of the U3000 has HDR.
The "weird" processor does not support HDR.
So maybe in 2037 the U5000 with get a new processor that supports HDR.
By then we might be on STARVIS 3. lol
That's more than a bit **** from Thinkware haha, they REALLY didn't think that one through.

By then, Starvis 3 and AV1 codec. Sorry had to put that in there haha

@Vortex Radar
Cansonic UltraDash Z3+ Standard Edition - Direct Competitor
Release Date: March 31, 2024
Manufacturer: AKEEYO (never heard of her)
Design: Dual Front Cameras (Wide Angle & Telephoto) + Rear Channel
% of Counterfeit Hardware: Yes
Level of False & Misleading Advertising: Snake Oil 9001 Compliant

微信图片_20240206160242.png

@Vortex Radar
Cansonic UltraDash Z3+ Standard Edition - Direct Competitor
Release Date: March 31, 2024
Manufacturer: AKEEYO (never heard of her)
Design: Dual Front Cameras (Wide Angle & Telephoto) + Rear Channel
% of Counterfeit Hardware: Yes
Level of False & Misleading Advertising: Snake Oil 9001 Compliant

View attachment 70708
Do you have a link to their announcement or info page?

Nothing on their web site about that model at this point.

AKEEYO is a unique dash cam manufacturer based in Tokyo, Japan. I'm not aware of any other Japanese companies in the dash cam industry. They are known for generally well regarded, high quality, innovative products.

They make a 4 channel drive recorder and recently introduced a very capable night vision rear view mirror camera with many interesting features. (with Starvis 1/1/8th" sensor)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0CGQV3XV7

Last edited:
This info was emailed to me by a representative named: Zheng Wenbin aka (Mark) as it should be.
Zehng Wenbin sounds Chinese not Japanese.
It appears “Made in Japan” is part of their false & misleading advertising strategy, and unscrupulous business practices.

1.) Mark .png
2.) Mark .png

Mark offered me $625USD ($500 + $125 International Exchange Transfer Fee) via PayPal, and two units AKEEYO NV-X ($350 each) to make a review video, and upload it to my YouTube Channel..
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0CGQV3XV7
I declined Mark’s offer, and that’s when he sent info about the new March product release.
I’ll give you the rest of the dirty details during Thursday's podcast.
-Chuck

I don't know the ultimate truth about AKEEYO but FWIW, they state that they were founded in Tokyo 5 years ago. Their primary web site is in Japanese and the server appears to be in Japan. They offer customer service specifically geared towards Japanese customers.

Many of the street scenes, license plates appear to be in Japan and the street markings in a couple of their videos are in Japanese.

Nevertheless, offering big money to influencers for dubious reviews and promotions is not cool.

akkeyo.jpg

"日本発、2016年に東京で誕生したAKEEYOは、車・バイクアフターマーケット製品の地元ブランドとして、日本のカーライフを革新してきました。年間販売台数5万台、売上高6億円という数字は、私たちの製品は日本でよく売れ、皆さんに愛されていることの証です。

AKEEYOは常に最新技術を取り入れ、お客様に最高の製品を提供しています。革新的な機能と使いやすさにより、あなたのカーライフがより一層充実することでしょう"

Translation:
"Originating in Japan and established in Tokyo in 2016, AKEEYO has been revolutionizing Japan's car life as a local brand of car and motorcycle aftermarket products. Annual sales of 50,000 units and sales of 600 million yen are proof that our products sell well in Japan and are loved by everyone.

AKEEYO always incorporates the latest technology and provides the best products to our customers. Innovative features and ease of use will make your car life even more fulfilling."

Not sure about why this one says 2019 but this may be when they entered the dash cam market.

akeeyo2.jpg

akeeyo3.jpg

street.jpg

Last edited:
Back