Capacitor not good working A119S V1

dashcamwatcher

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
My A119S has trouble saving the last file of a recording.
I've read this and other sites for a solution but none have worked.
What I've tried :
- different usb cables
- different power supplies
- different sd cards
- formatting several times with different firmwares
- resetting settings
- tried power in gps mount and directly in the dashcam itself

I guess the capacitor is the culprit because it only happened since a few weeks.

I've bought the camera with FoxOffer, wrote them a warranty request but haven't heard anything of them.
Anyone having another idea which I can try?
Frankly, sending it back to China would be too expensive. Price for sending it back and adding 60 EUR gives me a new one. It would be nice, like with the Mobius cam, that you can change the battery easily (and is available for buying).

How is the V2 doing with the capacitor and gps mount?

Last edited:
You'll need to exchange it for a new one under warranty.

The quality is improved with each production. V2 has been good so far for both capacitor and GPS mount stability.

Found the problem: one of the capacitors is insecured because of a maldesign by Viofo -> the connector of the camera sits against the capacitor and moves the capacitor away and forward.
The other one seems to be secure.
Now I've to figure out how to get the circuit board out and solder it myself.

Found the problem: one of the capacitors is insecured because of a maldesign by Viofo -> the connector of the camera sits against the capacitor and moves the capacitor away and forward.
The other one seems to be secure.
Now I've to figure out how to get the circuit board out and solder it myself.
The only reason to un-solder one of the two 3.3F 2.7volt capacitors is if the silver end is bulging, cracked or leaking or a wire lead is broken.
The wire leads are usually long enough to bend out of the way without un-soldering.

// 3:52 capacitor position mod //

Back