Complete Review of G1W-C CAPACITOR based dash camera NT96650 + AR0330 1080p / 30Fps

Thank you niko for the fantastic review. I am new to the forum, just recently received and installed my G1W-C. Looking forward to learning more and I hope I'll be able to contribute some meaningful advice and/or experiences in the near future as well. Cheers to you all!

Thank you for your link to this thread from another thread.

This cam seems good but can I plug an external battery (powerpack) to record when the car is parked (not under the sun :) )

Cheers.

Thank you for your link to this thread from another thread.

This cam seems good but can I plug an external battery (powerpack) to record when the car is parked (not under the sun :) )

Cheers.

Yes you can, but this is an entry-level dashcam ( good value for money ). You asked in other thread to have best of the best, so I guess you wanted high-end ( 200-300usd )?.
Anyway, as per first dashcam to start with and get experience, I think this one here is good choice.

Is the silver ring easily removable for painting? Looking to get the capacitor version soon just wondering.

There is some new guys begin to sell on eBay for this model in China,if you don't want to spend extra money,can buy from there:
It is price is 67 usd with free shipping to all over the world.you can try in eBay to find the keywords g1w-c

There is some new guys begin to sell on eBay for this model in China,if you don't want to spend extra money,can buy from there:
It is price is 67 usd with free shipping to all over the world.you can try in eBay to find the keywords g1w-c

For those in USA, one could buy from SpyTec, a US based company that ships out legit dash cams.

Farris - I just received my G1W-C from FoxOffer and was having the same problem with the device recording for 4-5 seconds and then rebooting. I changed the resolution from 1080 to 720 and it works fine now. I suspect that the G1W-C is having a problem with the memory card I am using. It is a Transcend 8 GB that I have owned for a long time so it probably is a slow "class". I formatted the card in the G1W-C but it still won't record for more than 5 seconds without rebooting.

hi guys, just got my G1W.
1.how can i tell if it is using Novatek NT96650 CPU without opening it?
2.how can i tell the firmware it has built it?

thanks

can't find the firmware version in the menu.
maybe my cam is fake?
where can i find it?

do you have a G1W or G1W-C?

what format are your recordings in?

where did you buy from, link to the product please

Heading is wrong but it says AVI format in the spec and also lists OV2710 sensor, that aside though the price is a dead giveaway, it's too cheap to be the proper version

just opened my camera and the cpu is not 96650 but nt96220fg! got a fake one!
bought from here
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6045494919.html

i would probably get a 15% refund but damn... this is making me angry!

I received a full refund from Aliexpress in respect of a faulty product, and they did not ask me to return the product for inspection.

I suggest that you claim for a refund. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

i got a different fake item before and aliexpress gave me only 15% value... how did you get full refund?

i got a different fake item before and aliexpress gave me only 15% value... how did you get full refund?

It was only a $5 item, so perhaps they couldn't be bothered to dispute my claim?

Got my G1W-C two weeks back based on the reviews here. (Strange, I bought it from FoxOffer and it was sent to me from Singapore)

Lucky I took the capacitor version as noon temperature here can hit 95+ F and boy does the unit gets HOT.

Anyway.. I'm using a Transcend C10 32GB mem card and it works well... but after a few days I get the "Card Full" message and it stops recording. Anyway to get around that or do I just clean out the mem card every few days?

Also the loop recording seems to keep looping a 5 minute file... if we are using that then any 4GB mem card would work... no point going 32/64GB?

size of the memory card depends how many files you want on the camera before it starts over writing the old files, 32gb will get you around 4 hours worth before it starts deleting the older files

Back