Complete Review of GT680W Shadow-Tec / Seezeus

bracket2.jpg bracket6.jpg bracket5.jpg bracket4.jpg bracket3.jpg bracket1.jpg Hello,

here I show you my solution of bracking the camera as close as possible to the windshield.
I used a bit of MDF-board 19 mm thick. I drilled it and shaped it like shown in the pictures.
While the small boarder is opened with a gap it works like a ring-spring. The thickness of the edge determines the force of the spring-effect.
You need a beltsander to shape it well. I warmed up the place and glued it to the windshield. Function is very ergonomic!
Mounting or dismounting it is a job of seconds and to press the cam into the ring works without bending anything, it is enjoying.

Precondition is to modify the offstanding plugs for usb and gps. I always get sore, when I see the plugs beeing so dominant and volume-taking.

In the meantime I would be a great neurosurgeon, modifying form of plugs with small knifes, soldering iron , hot glue and black edding.
By the way: Camera is very good...

Wolfgang

Last edited:
Excellent job - it is a shame that with such a small camera the mount and plugs take up so much room that it cannot be more fully hidden behind the rear view mirror as much larger cameras can. You've addressed both of those issues, well done!

BTW, I sold the 680W as I had a chance to make some money on it. Ordered the RX300 to give it a try, hope no one wants to buy it (at least until I get to play with it for a while.) Should get it in a few days (DHL from Foxoffer). First thing I'll be doing is covering the whole thing with black duct tape as it is not available in all black, no logo, like the 680W is. With the new local law about police no longer responding t0 non injury car accidents, I can hardly keep cameras in all of my cars any more before people want to buy them. I really should start a business…

I'm going to give your wooden mount a try, I don't have the hands of a surgeon though so it may not turn out quite so good - I'll post results.

I just received my camera and I have to say it is quite nice. I was wondering with the possible worries of the battery, does anybody have any thoughts on using a capacitor or is there a capacitor module that will work in this camera?

Too small to fit a proper capacitor inside

Last edited:
View attachment 4115 View attachment 4116 View attachment 4117 View attachment 4118 View attachment 4119 View attachment 4120 Hello,

here I show you my solution of bracking the camera as close as possible to the windshield.
I used a bit of MDF-board 19 mm thick. I drilled it and shaped it like shown in the pictures.
While the small boarder is opened with a gap it works like a ring-spring. The thickness of the edge determines the force of the spring-effect.
You need a beltsander to shape it well. I warmed up the place and glued it to the windshield. Function is very ergonomic!
Mounting or dismounting it is a job of seconds and to press the cam into the ring works without bending anything, it is enjoying.

Precondition is to modify the offstanding plugs for usb and gps. I always get sore, when I see the plugs beeing so dominant and volume-taking.

In the meantime I would be a great neurosurgeon, modifying form of plugs with small knifes, soldering iron , hot glue and black edding.
By the way: Camera is very good...

Wolfgang

Nice job.
Many Korean companies uses similar mounting solution.
To save time on modifying an USB power plug, - there are L-shape ( 90 degree ) mini-usb plugs available as well for those who don't want to mess around with straight USB modifications.

Wolfgang:

Good custom job there. However you lose the ability to adjust the vertical angle of the cam, so you have to make sure you get the angle of the bracket very accurately, otherwise the cam will either be pointing too high up at the sky or too low down at your car bonnet.

Wolfgang:

Good custom job there. However you lose the ability to adjust the vertical angle of the cam, so you have to make sure you get the angle of the bracket very accurately, otherwise the cam will either be pointing too high up at the sky or too low down at your car bonnet.

I think thats the point of custom work to make angle of the bracket on the first place to fit just only his car.
I have done many fixed-type custom brackets for other dashcams that ONLY fit my car windshield angle and mount position. Same way here @Wolfgang ;)

Niko's right, the actual definition of "custom work" is "made specially to order for individual customers"

@niko Could you please tell me what is the exact length of the gt680 and rx300 power cable? Thank you very much.

@niko Could you please tell me what is the exact length of the gt680 and rx300 power cable? Thank you very much.

Sorry, I have many dozens of dash cams in my house with mixed up mini-usb cables, so I dont really remember any more which one belongs to which, so can not tell you exact length. :confused:
Thumb-rule is 3 metre. Best if you write to vendor and ask them before making a purchase.

Thank you, no need do be sorry for it is understandable. I measured in my car and I need a power cable of 4 m long. I'll ask the vendor. All the best

Back