Disassembly ( Inside ) Mini 0803

I will try to fix it in the next weekend. Thank you for your tips.;)

Hi vagner,

just got mine with the same problem.
I contacted the suplier I bought it from, and they said I could open it to fix it and my warranty would still be ok.
As you can see, it was just plastic welded badly, and was easy to fix.
good luck
TerryLoose Part.jpg

Hy Terry,
Thank you for your reply. I contacted my seller too, they give-me a refund and a discount in the next order. I will open it the next weekend.

I fix it today. I glued the ring. So I saw that no exist internal card, although this original firmware has a option. I updated to itracker version. But the videos are blurry in some distance. Mine previous one is better.

A friend of mine has bought an 0803 for his daughter after seeing mine. To mount it so its inconspicuous it needs to be mounted upside down. Now here are the issues, the mount dosnt allow it to go round enough, if it's taken apart can you alter the mount so it's turned 180*? The. Would the itracker firmware allow the screen to be inverted?

A friend of mine has bought an 0803 for his daughter after seeing mine. To mount it so its inconspicuous it needs to be mounted upside down. Now here are the issues, the mount dosnt allow it to go round enough, if it's taken apart can you alter the mount so it's turned 180*? The. Would the itracker firmware allow the screen to be inverted?
The itracker firmware does allow the image to be rotated. Disassembly doesn't help, I think the best answer is to place a wedge between the mount and the glass to increase the angle but I haven't actually tried it. For the future, the Mini 0806 has plenty of adjustment for use upside down.

You can also turn video recorded upside down the correct way up by viewing it in Registrator Viewer and turning on the flip options, it will also re-save it rotated correctly.

I only looked at for a minute or so yesterday, there's going to be a pretty big wedge needed and I don't know if it'll stay in place. Ill have to have a look next weekend when he brings it round so I can fit it for him.
Thanks for the reply Nigel

I only looked at for a minute or so yesterday, there's going to be a pretty big wedge needed and I don't know if it'll stay in place. Ill have to have a look next weekend when he brings it round so I can fit it for him.
Thanks for the reply Nigel
A 90 degree one should give you the same adjustment as if it was the normal way up...

As for staying in place, if you use the same sticky pad as for the normal mount then it should be as good as normal - they normally come with two sticky pads.

As I said, I haven't tried it so that is just theory.

a thick 90degree metal sheet will help. see the sketch below.
stick the L shape metal sheet to windshield and the GPS mount to metal sheet. done.
please make sure the metal sheet will not vibrate

803UsD.jpg

Surely those brackets will obscure the camera view

Surely those brackets will obscure the camera view

if use the wedge yes the wedge will obscure the camera view.
if use L shape bracket, it will work great

Should these wedges, L shape brackets come with camera?

Should these wedges, L shape brackets come with camera?
The answer will be to buy a Mini 0806 ;)

I think even with the wedge, you only loose the top corner so as an accident camera it will work fine but if you are trying to make movies then it will be an issue.

Don't expect the GPS to work correctly like this, better off to sell it and buy an 0806 once available

Don't expect the GPS to work correctly like this, better off to sell it and buy an 0806 once available
It's not ideal but these GPS modules are quite good, mine work fine inside the garage!

Ideally the bottom of the base should point towards the satellites so an angle of less than 90 for the wedge/bracket would be good if that works for the lens angle.

less than 90 degree angle will work but be quite directional so expect poor signal at times, putting a metal sheet as a bracket and mounting to that though, don't expect any signal, that wasn't a very well thought out suggestion

:p Oh yes, a metal sheet bracket will not work if you need GPS logger. please try a thermal bending plastic, or direct transfer to 0806 which will be much better on many features.

Back