Does U3000 use radar for driving assistant??? or pure vision?

id4dct

Reaction score
Country
China
the ADAS feature has been in thinkware dashcam for a while, but the u3000 is the first integrated with radar, I wonder does it use radar for driving assistant? or like other thinkware dashcam just use pure vision? I think it's good and future-proof to use some sort of fusion algorithm(like combine the vision and radar data together for ADAS) , it's a waste just using radar for parking mode. Does anyone has any idea about this?

The radar is only active in parking mode.

The radar is not suitable for ADAS anyway, it only has a range of about 10 meters, so at speeds when ADAS is activated it will be useless for warning the driver of anything.

The radar is only active in parking mode.

The radar is not suitable for ADAS anyway, it only has a range of about 10 meters, so at speeds when ADAS is activated it will be useless for warning the driver of anything.
thanks for your info. I do not know the radar's detective range was that short!

Yep, I'm really glad it only works when parked, particularly since it transmits on K band and causes false alerts on nearby radar detectors. For that reason the U3000 would be useless to run alongside my radar detectors if it transmitted while driving, lol.

There's a few other companies that are also getting into radar monitoring and to the best of my knowledge, all of those only transmit while parked too.

Back