Excellent temporary Amazon pricing on A119 Mini 2 with Prime membership

Dashmellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Umpteen
Two days ago I mentioned that I stumbled upon an amazing price for the Viofo A119 Mini 2. It was selling for $98.98 USD under a "Lightning Deal" that was scheduled to end in a few hours. I wasn't actually in the market for a new dash cam at the moment but at this price how could I not! So, I bought one.

It wasn't supposed to arrive until Wednesday according to the Amazon page but it arrived in my rural mailbox within less than 24 hours! Amazing!

Anyway, the Lightning Deal has expired but I just discovered that you can still buy the camera for $98.98 if you have a Prime Membership. To make the deal even sweeter they are also offering 20% off a Viofo memory card or 5% off a CPL when you buy the camera.

Thought I'd pass this on for anyone in the market for one of these who may see this post in time.:) Don't know how long this price will last.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0C5MVB7NX

a119 mini 2.jpg

Last edited:
Well, the deal finally ended after midnight last night :(. Still, for a "lightning deal" that was supposed to last several hours they somehow managed to offer the amazing price for three full days. Currently, you can get $25 off the cam plus the deal on the Viofo memory cards and CPL still stands. Hope at least a few people who may have seen this post were able to take advantage of the offer while it was still valid.

So, I bought one.

It wasn't supposed to arrive until Wednesday according to the Amazon page but it arrived in my rural mailbox within less than 24 hours! Amazing!
So how is it performing compared to your older A119s?

So how is it performing compared to your older A119s?

FYI, I've been running A119 V3s, not the A119S.

Anyway, I've been bench testing the camera and it seems to work very nicely but I have yet to install it. I'm waiting for some more suitable weather before I can do the install. March is a very challenging month up here on my mountain and my truck lives out in my driveway as I don't have a garage. I've had other priorities lately as well. Meanwhile, the 5 cams I have operating are doing a fine job so getting the new camera installed doesn't seem especially urgent.

The $98.98 deal in the mini 2 is dead again.:( It lasted a week.

Check back in again after awhile. I recall several years ago with the A119 V3 and a few other Viofo models these unique steep discounts would reappear unexpectedly about every month or two for a period of time.

The special pricing on Amazon of $98.98 USD for the A119 Mini 2 appears to be back again, plus the 5% discount on a CPL and 20% off on Viofo memory cards!

As I mentioned earlier, it's worth checking in now and again after these kind of deals expire as Viofo tends to bring them back on a periodic basis and this is at least the third time we've seen this offer since March.

To my thinking this is hands down the best value for money deal for a high quality dash cam on the market right now!

Last edited:
The special pricing on Amazon of $98.98 USD for the A119 Mini 2 appears to be back again, plus the 5% discount on a CPL and 20% off on Viofo memory cards!

As I mentioned earlier, it's worth checking in now and again after these kind of deals expire as Viofo tends to bring them back on a periodic basis and this is at least the third time we've seen this offer since March.

To my thinking this is hands down the best value for money deal for high quality dash cam on the market right now!

That link takes me straight to a Vantrue E1!

Probably your link doesn't work outside your country, did you get the link by pressing the Amazon share link button, or did you cheat somehow and got the wrong link?

When I click the link it goes directly to the intended Amazon sales page for the A119 Mini 2.

I could post a screen shot but it would look virtually identical to the one I posted in my OP months agp.

To post the link I simply copied and pasted the link from my browser just like I did last time. It may be that the Lightning Deal is not being offered outside the USA, although it seems odd that it would go to a Vanture E1 page and not to a Viofo page without the special pricing for the A119 Mini 2.

I would recommend that anyone who is interested in this deal simply search for the camera directly on Amazon to see if it is available wherever you may reside.

BTW, Viofo is also offering $100 USD off the price for the A229 Pro.

To post the link I simply copied and pasted the link from my browser just like I did last time.
I think it would be better to press the share button (Next to the picture), then it should work with Amazon's system instead of getting a temporary local (maybe personal) web address. Don't know what I get to see though, since the deals are not currently on here?

BTW, Viofo is also offering $100 USD off the price for the A229 Pro.
:cool:

I think it would be better to press the share button (Next to the picture), then it should work with Amazon's system instead of getting a temporary local web address. Don't know what I get to see though, since the deals are not currently on here?

Thanks, but I don't particularity care what you think Nigel. Copying the link directly has never failed to work properly for me before. Also, using Amazon's share feature is a good way to compromise your own privacy for those who may be concerned with such things. Each time you click on it, it will generate a different and unique coded link so they can track everything.

Perhaps the problem is on your end?

Sadly, it seems that this special pricing is indeed not available to UK buyers on Amazon. :(

Unfortunately, the news is worse than that. I see that the A119 Mini 2 is selling for £139.99 on Amazon UK which is $175.81 USD at today's exchange rates. The usual price for the camera here in the US has been $139.99 with no discounts, so our UK friends appear to be paying a premium when compared to what it may sell for elsewhere at this time.

Of course, exchange rates are a big factor but it might be interesting to post a thread where DCT members from around the world could post recent prices for a select list of dash cams to see how they compare.

I've ordered from Amazon US to Amazon UK and the delivery is only a few days.

did you get the link by pressing the Amazon share link button, or did you cheat somehow and got the wrong link?

Cheat? :rolleyes:

You sure have your own gratuitous and provocative way of expressing yourself Nigel, especially considering what I said about you only a few days ago about this kind of thing. The longer you behave this way towards other DCT members the sadder it gets.

Picking gratuitous petty, ongoing arguments with other members over literally nothing on a forum with the goal of provoking conflict or being irritating is called TROLLING.

You probably have some kind of spyware extension installed diverting and getting affiliate revenue Nigel.

Cheat? :rolleyes:

You sure have your own gratuitous and provocative way of expressing yourself Nigel, especially considering what I said about you only a few days ago about this kind of thing. The longer you behave this way towards other DCT members the sadder it gets.
Takes me to the A119 Mini 2 page but says currently unavailable :(

I think Nigel may be getting confused from inhaling too much locomotive fumes, because when I clicked through using the link it said "consider these available items", the first of which was listed at the top of the page was the Vantrue E1.

@Dashmellow FWIW, your most recent link takes me to a Vantrue E1 as well, so it's not just Nigel's computer

Current Amazon UK pricing for the Mini 2 is £139.99 as you say. It's been £159.99 since January, and only dropped to £139 last week.

On Amazon US you pay the import tax/duties in the shopping cart. It's a neat system. I did have to pay some.

Back