Extending Rear Camera Cable?

scotched

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can someone give me the honest answer to this one?

1. Is there anything special about the USB C cable that runs from the front camera to the rear camera? Can it be replaced with a generic type C cable?
2. Can an extension cable be use to create a longer length?

I'm installing the A229 on a new (to me) car - I chose to run it through the floor/door sill to AVOID getting my grubby hands and tools on the white headliner fabrics. It seems that I may have to undo all of that work unless I can use an extender cable. What's the word on this?

Thanks

1. Is there anything special about the USB C cable that runs from the front camera to the rear camera? Can it be replaced with a generic type C cable?
No.
2. Can an extension cable be use to create a longer length?
Can.
I'm installing the A229 on a new (to me) car - I chose to run it through the floor/door sill to AVOID getting my grubby hands and tools on the white headliner fabrics. It seems that I may have to undo all of that work unless I can use an extender cable. What's the word on this?
You can buy a long cable from Viofo.

I bought two extension cords. 2 and 3 meters.
I checked. They work with the interior and rear cameras on the A229 Pro/Plus, as well as with the НK4.

I bought two extension cords. 2 and 3 meters.
I checked. They work with the interior and rear cameras on the A229 Pro/Plus, as well as with the НK4.

Thank you. I think a 3 meter (10ft) cable would give me the extra length I need.

Damn.. should have looked on here before ordering the longer cables.

Didn't think of extension cable working - plan on installing the dash cam on a Mazda CX-90 over the weekend and would need a longer cable than the one it came with.

Damn.. should have looked on here before ordering the longer cables.

Didn't think of extension cable working - plan on installing the dash cam on a Mazda CX-90 over the weekend and would need a longer cable than the one it came with.

The Viofo extended cable is actually a good price and I would have preferred to have it one piece, but I've already ran most of the cable through the floor I just don't want to undo my work.

Dash cam on my other car is a 2 seater and my current car is a hatchback. I forgot how much more car there is to deal with

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M A229 Plus 4