(Fake 0801) $30-$44 USD? 1080P Novatek CPU 1.5" Car DVR Camera GS608 + 120 Wide Angle + G-senser

I am sure it is not based on NTK96650 chip. Foxoffer also have this in stock.

I think what he meant was he would like it if there was a 96650 version available, I did hear someone was doing one but only rumored at this stage

Have also seen a Sunplus one already as well as the low end Novatek version

Last edited by a moderator:
The NT96220 is weak sauce. I want to see NT96650 at minimum in a next generation Mini 0801.
(WDR night vision, GPS, + True HD 1080P 30FPS)

I know some people might be ok with a bare bones $44 non WDR, non GPS, non 30FPS DashCam, but not me.

The NT96220 is weak sauce. I want to see NT96650 at minimum in a next generation Mini 0801.
(WDR night vision, GPS, + True HD 1080P 30FPS)

I know some people might be ok with a bare bones $44 non WDR, non GPS, non 30FPS DashCam, but not me.

Externally ( size ) is tempting.
Internally ( hardware ) is poor. Not yet known what cmos used.
Price is tempting, but as they say:
It sounds to good to be true....

Internally ( hardware ) is poor. Not yet known what cmos used.

usually they use NT99140 or NT99141 sensor to work with NT99220 MCU for the low end market; all from Novatek

Best is to add 10usd and go with G1W.
10usd is nothing, only skipping two pints of beer in the pub ;)

Poor quality components give a poor end result, the reality is you only get what you pay for, these entry level Novatek solutions are cheap for a reason
anything they do, there is a reason -- someone need those.

because it is M-JPEG, at least twice file size than H.264, you can only store half video compare with the H.264 ones. For example, 8G TF can store 2hours H.264 1080P video, but only 1 hour M-JPEG 720P video. which is better?
and M-JPEG means double writing times, the TF life will be half. the MLC flash can only re-write 3000 to 10000 times; if they use 8G TF which means one hour M-JPEG 720P storage, the TF may be damaged in 1500 hours. how much will a 8G TF cost there?

you will get the answer :)

On local china market it sold 30usd :
what else do we want to get for this money ? ;)

it is amazing you can read Chinese! ? The price on the C2C website "taobao" is very cheap, yes, many new shop sell products with few margin even zero margin to get more feedback for shop grade. in China C2C market, the shop grade is supper important.

and the Aliexpress and Ebay will cost much more on oversea shipping.

another the trick is, since most buyer will order the device with TF card, the C2C shopkeeper mark the price with "loss on bare camera, earn money on sub-unit", so they can earn $1 to $3 on TF card.

Anyone tried the mount from the mini 0801 on the novatek version to use as a mount only... I saw some photo where there's an adaptor that can be removed and shows the original shape minus the contacts.

Regards
Duke

Actually anyone have video from the novatek version?

Regards
Duke

I'm curious if it's the same connector size too. It's kind of a waste since I'd be missing GPS though. (if you have/want GPS that is)

The only time I see the Suction cup being handy is for when you go on a road trip via your friends car. (or rental)

I'm happy the Vicovation WF1 came with both mounts. (adhesive and suction)

I'm curious if it's the same connector size too. It's kind of a waste since I'd be missing GPS though. (if you have/want GPS that is)

The only time I see the Suction cup being handy is for when you go on a road trip via your friends car. (or rental)

I'm happy the Vicovation WF1 came with both mounts. (adhesive and suction)

8evy2atu.jpg

If that does come off than can use the mount. I don't need gps etc. just want a small mount which the suction cup is not.

Regards
Duke

Anyone tried the mount from the mini 0801 on the novatek version to use as a mount only... I saw some photo where there's an adaptor that can be removed and shows the original shape minus the contacts.

Regards
Duke

I've seen this new version and I don't believe the bracket would interchange (I think there are possibly design patent reasons why it wouldn't), the mount they have on this new model is inferior to the original in my opinion

Oh, no, A White Dashcam!
Many people are asking me if my smartphone is a Samsung. And this is only because it is white. When I am telling them that my smartphone is some chinese model they are saying something like "wow, chinese can make white smartphones?"
Because chinese sold a lot of white smartphones why to not try to sell a white dashcam?

Except invisible fingerprints I see no reason for a white smartphone. The dashcam doesn't need too much fingers on it, so why white?

Back to the chipset: most buyers are from Russia. Most of them are interested only in cheapest products because most of them have little money. The videos I am watching about russian accidents are recorded 95% (I think) with cheap dashcams.

enjoy,
Mtz

Oh, no, A White Dashcam!
Many people are asking me if my smartphone is a Samsung. And this is only because it is white. When I am telling them that my smartphone is some chinese model they are saying something like "wow, chinese can make white smartphones?"
Because chinese sold a lot of white smartphones why to not try to sell a white dashcam?

Except invisible fingerprints I see no reason for a white smartphone. The dashcam doesn't need too much fingers on it, so why white?

Back to the chipset: most buyers are from Russia. Most of them are interested only in cheapest products because most of them have little money. The videos I am watching about russian accidents are recorded 95% (I think) with cheap dashcams.

enjoy,
Mtz
Blend in with the snow? :)

Regards
Duke

Back