G90 vs Dexors X7

BigMike7801

Reaction score
Country
United States
I came across the Dexors X7 on Amazon and noticed it looked nearly identical to the G90.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B013WJJ0SI
I was just curious if any G90 owners had any experience with the Dexors X7 and if so, could they recommend it?

Also it looks like the X7 can record at 2560X1080p/30fps and 1920p1080P at 60fps.

My two biggest turn-offs for this camera seem to be the Suction mount complaints that are echoed with the G90 and the use of USB-mini instead of USB-micro.

Any thoughts?

another rebrand of the product

these can do decent video, the biggest issue they have is the mount design, it's not great and not something you can change unfortunately

biggest issue they have is the mount design, it's not great and not something you can change unfortunately
This is true. I tried. Unless you want to glue a T Style mount in the pin area there is not much else you can do. I even cut a G90 mount open and it is a half of a plastic ball and way to small to hack together with another mount.

This is true. I tried. Unless you want to glue a T Style mount in the pin area there is not much else you can do. I even cut a G90 mount open and it is a half of a plastic ball and way to small to hack together with another mount.

funnily enough I suggested to them one time that they really should improve the mount as it was the one real problem with an otherwise ok camera, the snarky reply was to the effect of how many customers compliment them about how great the mount is :confused:

you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink it :rolleyes:

ou can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink it
I hear that. I have said more often then not how bad it is both on here and to people in PMs I would really like to see change for the better, but no one seems to care.

I enjoy getting to review things, but I really wish more of my recommendations were taken seriously

I'll keep that in mind when we start doing the next round of products
Thanks. Product in hand or not you know I always like to help anyway I can.

:EDIT:
In case you were curious I was able to dig up the old picture from when I cut it.
I even tried a VicoVation mount because they tend to use a little smaller of a ball joint and the G90 half ball was still too small.
30cx5hh.jpg

Last edited:
Back