GPS doesn’t work anymore

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey,

Anyone had issues with their 55 not acquiring the satellite signal anymore?

Is there a fix for that or any suggestions on how to get it working again ? Everything works fine except no satellite signal, no date/time/speed and coordinates working all of a sudden.

Love the 55 cam, ended up buying a 67w to replace it but don’t really like the parking guard on it, I can’t seem to get it working properl, that’s another story for the 67w forum lol

Thanks in advance
‘Brian

Other than factory reset, not much you can do. Maybe try eBay?

Yeah, did a couple of resets….I figured there wasn’t much more I could do. I found some used 55s on eBay but opted for a new one
i did buy the 67W to replace it…not sure I like Parking Guard as much as I like parking mode

Even though I have no GPS on the 55,it still records as normal, just no date/time/speed/location stamp on it, so I am using it as a rear camera

Well….I sent the DC 67W back, didn’t like the parking guard on it.

I bought a DC 45 to use as my front DC, it’s good enough for me, and has parking mode

I did buy and replacement battery for my DC 55, put it in, the old battery was really bloated….Now, I think I wrecked the connection to the LCD screen, it still works but it has an orange hue to it…ah well, when I put the memory card in my laptop to replay the videos, they are colour correct, the cam is now my rear cam

Just an FYI….I bought a replacement battery, the old battery was very bloated and wouldn’t hold a charge…I installed the new battery and charged it up, did a factory reset on it just because and everything is working fine again, GPS works again.
I think I did screw the screen up though somehow when I did the swap, it has an orange hue to the display screen now. It still records and replays with the proper colours though

Back