GPS support: what receiver to buy

Thanks. At least I know there's no fault with the hardware.:)

Is it possible to print the speed stamp on the video using this GPS receiver?

No, it doesn't show with the date or time. You can see two files in this thread that show what the recordings look like. The Speed shows only when playing the files back through whichever software your using.

No, it doesn't show with the date or time. You can see two files in this thread that show what the recordings look like. The Speed shows only when playing the files back through whichever software your using.

It would be nice, if we are able to print the speed stamp along with the date or time without using any softwares. I have seen that few dashcam have this capabilities, like the Mini 0803. Here is the link to that image , https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mini-0803-coming.4701/page-53 post #1044.

I dont have any doubt on the hardware's capability , firmware if tweaked can result in this.

Little delay is acceptable, but whom to contact to update/include this feature into the next firmware

Whilst I'd prefer to have the speed shown, it's not a real problem for me. It's easy enough to take a screen shot that shows all the data, as per the example I uploaded earlier in this thread.
I would like to see the identification string placed back if at all possible.

sorry, not sure what you mean, can you clarify?

When I got the camera there was an option in the menu where you could enter some identification details such as a name or part of your car registration no. This showed next to the date on the screen. Since I've updated the firmware this option has disappeared.

ok, Car No, we have that in ours, will possibly appear in a generic version again if they do more updates

Surely no one wants the speed to show within the video, in the event of an incident this could potentially be used against you.

If this is already possible I apologise.....

Now that I have the GPS module I think it would be good to have the option of encoding the the GPS co-ordinates to the start and end location of the recording.

That's the latest public release, speed will show correctly once you get the next version when it comes out

I've been in discussion with the developer, he thought this problem had been sorted already. I'm still hopeful a new version will work as I much prefer the Registrator Viewer to Dashcam Viewer. Is there any other software that can display the details?

You can ask Vadim to send you V 5.9.0.8 (beta) by email

there's still a bug that will require an update to RV, I'll talk to Vadim once it's sorted about getting the fix in the next release of RV hopefully

Back