GS1000 Total Confusion - Help Please?

Dougal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking at buying my 1st dash cam but cant believe how hard it is to separate fakes from genuine items. On Amazon there are loads of GS1000 at very cheap prices. Then there are just one or two selling what appears to be the same thing, but MUCH more expensive.

These dearer versions also seem to have the GPS function. Would they also be using higher quality chips and produce better quality video?

ANY help and advice appreciated

some links would help, in the current market though I wouldn't consider a GS1000, there are better options available these days

some links would help, in the current market though I wouldn't consider a GS1000, there are better options available these days

This. If your budget is more tight the best camera for your money is the $52 G1W.
A lot of users like the Mini 0801 at only $105 dollars.
The LS300W / GT300W also seems to be a decent choice near that price point.

The G1W i can personally vouch for, but the other two i have no first hand experience with unfortunately. I would also stay away from the GS8000 for build quality issues, and the GS8000L/GS9000L for video quality issues.

This. If your budget is more tight the best camera for your money is the $52 G1W.
A lot of users like the Mini 0801 at only $105 dollars.
The LS300W / GT300W also seems to be a decent choice near that price point.

The G1W i can personally vouch for, but the other two i have no first hand experience with unfortunately. I would also stay away from the GS8000 for build quality issues, and the GS8000L/GS9000L for video quality issues.

Many thanks. Will go check those out. I'm on a very tight budget:-(

I see the G1W is based on the Novatek chip. Have I got it all wrong...? I thought the Ambarella chip was better? Sorry, i'm a first time buyer.

Novatek has 3 processors that are popular in dash cams. The newer NT96650 is a great chip for the money and many cameras in 2013 came out with it (G1W, Mobius, LS300W). The NT96632 and NT96220 are older models that should be avoided due to poor quality.

Sadly, these do not appear to be available in the UK. Import duties can cost more than the unit itself:-(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E GSXXXX 6
D GSXXXX 1
C GSXXXX 5
J GSXXXX 3
D GSXXXX 0
Back