GS1000

Hi Tony,

You can see in this other post from Ben, he has a similar problem with the GS5000 (GS5000 is a blue menu GS1000). Also others have experienced this. No known solution as of yet.

There is one 2.04 New Blue Menu (with graphics) firmware that is available. It is from 20120725 and is called firmware-JN01.bin

You can try flashing this firmware with the SD-card method. Otherwise wait until a new firmware comes out.

Dash Cam Man

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the very quick response.

I tried the new firmware approach but no luck.

I am now just using this a a car camera and will wait for the new update to come out.

Many thanks.

Tony

DashCamMan said:
Mantom said:
If you want to flash the firmware for your camera, choose the second firmware ( Texet Firmware for New Orange Menu ). Flashing the wrong firmware could brick the camera. Some people have "unbricked" it using the DirectUSB software.

Good luck
Dash Cam Man

Unfortunately the camera freezed again, but now there was "memory error" or something like that on the screen. Before that there were rotating circle on the screen and messages about error with data saving on the screen - I did not read it exactly as I drove the car. When I stopped I set factory deafult settings, changed the language into English and resolution into 720p and the camera started to operate. I read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26 and I am seriously afraid to load texet firmware. What do you think? is it possible that the memory card is the reason of freezing? perhaps I shouls try a card of another manufacturer, e.g. Kingston? And what you think about the fact that the camera botton is vary warm during operation?

Mantom said:
Unfortunately the camera freezed again, but now there was "memory error" or something like that on the screen. Before that there were rotating circle on the screen and messages about error with data saving on the screen - I did not read it exactly as I drove the car. When I stopped I set factory deafult settings, changed the language into English and resolution into 720p and the camera started to operate. I read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26 and I am seriously afraid to load texet firmware. What do you think? is it possible that the memory card is the reason of freezing? perhaps I shouls try a card of another manufacturer, e.g. Kingston? And what you think about the fact that the camera botton is vary warm during operation?

Hi Mantom, I will always promote simpler solutions before updating firmware. Trying a different card is a good idea. As for the camera getting warm, these cameras do generate a decent amount of heat. It is difficult to say whether yours is generating too much.

Unfortunately there is always a risk when performing firmware updates. These Chinese cameras are nearly identical but come from different manufacturers. Slight differences can be problematic. The texet firmware that robin loaded was a test version so perhaps that was the issue. The Texet DVR-1GP TXH4.35.220512.bin appeared to work fine on his camera. In any case the risk is still there. In addition not all problems are software related so a firmware update might not help.

Good luck on whatever path you choose.

Dash Cam Man

Hi,
I plan to buy a good quality GS1000 with orange menu. (I've recently bought a GS5000 but it was a terrible fake, so I sent it back - it's an other story :) ).

I found one "original" type of GS1000 on http://www.egos.cc and they say that it has the software version of SMH4.35.1607128. But I found nothing regarding this sw version. However, one of the Aliexpress items, recommended by DashCamTalk GS1000 page (E-Prance type), says that "The latest firmware is : smH 4.35.160712B ", but you write it should have ver. SMH4.35.2101512A.

Which sw version is the really latest? Where can I buy the top quality type of GS1000?

Thanks, hungarycam

hungarycam said:
Hi,
I plan to buy a good quality GS1000 with orange menu. (I've recently bought a GS5000 but it was a terrible fake, so I sent it back - it's an other story :) ).

I found one "original" type of GS1000 on http://www.egos.cc and they say that it has the software version of SMH4.35.1607128. But I found nothing regarding this sw version. However, one of the Aliexpress items, recommended by DashCamTalk GS1000 page (E-Prance type), says that "The latest firmware is : smH 4.35.160712B ", but you write it should have ver. SMH4.35.2101512A.

Which sw version is the really latest? Where can I buy the top quality type of GS1000?

Thanks, hungarycam

Hi hungarycam,

There are multiple manufacturers of the GS1000 camera, hence the firmware differences. For the most part any Orange Menu v4.35 camera is identical / nearly identical. I'm not aware of any specific differences between the SMH4.35.2101512A or the SMH4.35.160712B firmware. Either choice is fine so just purchase from the vendor you feel the most comfortable with. E-Prance (98% positive feedback) and Shenzen Saddle (99% positive feedback) have been quite reputable. Galileo Technology has slightly lower positive feedback at 96.3% because if something goes wrong with your camera, they are a bit harder to deal with. Perhaps we need a vendor thread where we can share experiences on vendors.

One thing about Aliexpress is that you can search on a camera and sort by orders. Look for vendors that have sold a lot of a particular camera. The reason is, many Russians are well aware of which vendor sells the good cameras and this shows up in the sales. Note because a vendor is reputable for one camera, they may be selling fakes or poor quality cameras as well. You need to evaluate each camera individually.

Hope this helps

Dash Cam Man

Thank you guys.

Nothing helped me, I cannot connect in DirectUSB mode. Could you please provide link to the page where you found guy from Russia did that in DirectUSB mode? I will try to hook up with him.

Thanks.

garnikg said:
Thank you guys.

Nothing helped me, I cannot connect in DirectUSB mode. Could you please provide link to the page where you found guy from Russia did that in DirectUSB mode? I will try to hook up with him.

Thanks.

Hi garnikg,

Are you referring to catalin from this thread? http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32

He has a blue menu GS1000 that he was able to flash with the DirectUSB software.

Dash Cam Man

Hi
I performed update procedure(Direct USB)
failed several times(tried different versions), but i made success in last trying
after that, i can't start my dash cam (can't power on)
It can still connect to PC by direct USB
what can i do to rescue my cam?

DashCamMan said:
Hi hungarycam,

There are multiple manufacturers of the GS1000 camera, hence the firmware differences. For the most part any Orange Menu v4.35 camera is identical / nearly identical. I'm not aware of any specific differences between the SMH4.35.2101512A or the SMH4.35.160712B firmware. Either choice is fine so just purchase from the vendor you feel the most comfortable with. E-Prance (98% positive feedback) and Shenzen Saddle (99% positive feedback) have been quite reputable. Galileo Technology has slightly lower positive feedback at 96.3% because if something goes wrong with your camera, they are a bit harder to deal with. Perhaps we need a vendor thread where we can share experiences on vendors.

One thing about Aliexpress is that you can search on a camera and sort by orders. Look for vendors that have sold a lot of a particular camera. The reason is, many Russians are well aware of which vendor sells the good cameras and this shows up in the sales. Note because a vendor is reputable for one camera, they may be selling fakes or poor quality cameras as well. You need to evaluate each camera individually.

Hope this helps

Dash Cam Man

Hi,

thanks DashCamMan! I've bought my GS1000 from AliExpress/E-Prance. It's arrived yesterday, I've tried it today first. The camera looks fine, good quality product with firmware SMH4.35.160712B. Also good quality accessories. Strong battery.

The picture quality is perfect, also the plate numbers in the second neighbour lane are readable! No data loss beetween the files.

1) But some question to the menu: what is the "Motion detection" option (No/1min/3min/5min)?

2) User manual and data sheet contains 4x digital zoom, but I am not able to use it. How does it work? (however, it is not an important future)

My other 2 problems are with the playback software:

3) The picture viewed by software is not continous: it is a little bit intermittent (once per 5 sec). (with other players it is OK)
4) The compass, speed, G-sensor and Google Map displays are OK, but the picture is delayed 8-10 sec after them. It is quite terrible...

hungarycam

hungarycam said:
Hi,

thanks DashCamMan! I've bought my GS1000 from AliExpress/E-Prance. It's arrived yesterday, I've tried it today first. The camera looks fine, good quality product with firmware SMH4.35.160712B. Also good quality accessories. Strong battery.

The picture quality is perfect, also the plate numbers in the second neighbour lane are readable! No data loss beetween the files.

1) But some question to the menu: what is the "Motion detection" option (No/1min/3min/5min)?

2) User manual and data sheet contains 4x digital zoom, but I am not able to use it. How does it work? (however, it is not an important future)

My other 2 problems are with the playback software:

3) The picture viewed by software is not continous: it is a little bit intermittent (once per 5 sec). (with other players it is OK)
4) The compass, speed, G-sensor and Google Map displays are OK, but the picture is delayed 8-10 sec after them. It is quite terrible...

hungarycam

Hi hungarycam,

Your cam came fast and I'm glad your happy with the purchase. As for your questions:

1) Motion detection checks if something is moving and will start recording the for a period of time (typically 1 minute). You need to have power going to the camera at all times for this to work. I haven't seen anybody using these cameras in parking mode but perhaps it is a possibility. Usually the manufacturer recommends turning this feature off when working as a dash cam. Note that if you have cycle recording set, the motion detection feature will not work.
2) The 4x digital zoom works if you press the up / down keys (arrows). Not really useful in a dash cam.

For questions 3 and 4, the software that comes with these dash cams is not the greatest. You should check out Registrator Viewer. It is freeware software that works with most dash cams and it is very good.

Enjoy your dash cam.

Dash Cam Man

This kind of motion detection works well only if you have a wall or a fence in front of your car, otherwise tf card gets full of rain movements, birds, and moving tree leaves and bushes. And if you adjust trigger level harder then you got nothing. It is very difficult to adjust trigger level so that it works, and of course, it won't work in the dark.
Security ip-camera outside my home sends alarm images to my gmail account, and some days i got 50 alarm emails for just a cloudy day, when light changes a lot.
This camera with motion detection might work well inside home or office because image quality is much better than any same price range security cameras, but in car use this option is quite useless.

2) For questions 3 and 4, the software that comes with these dash cams is not the greatest. You should check out Registrator Viewer. It is freeware software that works with most dash cams and it is very good.

Hi,

I've tried the Registrator Viewer. It's also not the best for me, but I already know the problem for the uncontinous video play: my old PC (with Intel Pentium4 2,8Ghz and built-in video card) is not a strong enough hardware to view HD videos... :-( I must upgrade my computer...

But I've a new question: can you recommend a free software, for cutting and merging the carcam videos under WinXP? I've tried several sw's, but still not found the right one: the Windows Movie Maker under WinXP doesn't manage HD videos, other free ones are terrible slow or write the "DEMO" text into the picture...

Thanks, hungarycam

Sorry for the previous question: I was stupid... Of course, Registrator Viewer can cut the files very easy! But it saves .mp4 format, what is not playable, even with the Registrator Viewer itself cannot play it... :(

hungarycam

Sorry again... I've solved the problem of playing the cutted files: the problem was because of the codec! I've installed the normal K-Lite package before and not the Mega. Now anything works fine with the K-Lite Mega... :)

hungarycam

hungarycam said:
2) For questions 3 and 4, the software that comes with these dash cams is not the greatest. You should check out Registrator Viewer. It is freeware software that works with most dash cams and it is very good.

Hi,

I've tried the Registrator Viewer. It's also not the best for me, but I already know the problem for the uncontinous video play: my old PC (with Intel Pentium4 2,8Ghz and built-in video card) is not a strong enough hardware to view HD videos... :-( I must upgrade my computer...

But I've a new question: can you recommend a free software, for cutting and merging the carcam videos under WinXP? I've tried several sw's, but still not found the right one: the Windows Movie Maker under WinXP doesn't manage HD videos, other free ones are terrible slow or write the "DEMO" text into the picture...

Thanks, hungarycam

Hi hungarycam,

Some freeware options include:

AviDemux - can import and edit the .MOV files
Free Video Converter - can convert a .MOV file to another format such as AVI but also allows you to do simple editing such as cutting and joining
mp4cam2avi - can convert .MOV files to AVI. You can then use any free AVI editor such as Virtual Dub to edit

Regardless of what software you use, video editing is pretty intensive for an older computer.

Dash Cam Man

Hello.
I recently bought a video recorder with a "blue menu" and it failed to flash.
Do you have a version of the firmware for this model?
v2.0.4 G1hb
v2.0.4 G1kb
Thank you.

sid_max said:
Hello.
v2.0.4 G1hb
v2.0.4 G1kb
Thank you.

Hi sid_max,

Unfortunately the new blue menu's are difficult to backup or flash. There may be other firmware versions available, I will need to check to see if anything exists.

Dash Cam Man

Hi, I'm wondering whether to buy GS1000 with new orange menu. I have few doubts, would be great if you could answer me :)

1) how long is the car charger cable ? (in metres)
thing is I'd like to connect the cable to the cigarette ligher plug in the following way, not to have a cable in the middle of a car
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... 29TM1_s5u4

2) does it have so called "parking mode" ? I mean turning on recording after a move, question is how sensitive is this move detection ?
and for how long it turns on, 1 minute ?
the description says up to 2 hours, after 6 months of dailu usage drops to 20 minutes only.

3) one last thing, when the camera is plugged, is there any small led/light which turns on after the camera starts recording ?
just to make sure that it's operating and recording

Thanks in advance!
Jack

DashCamMan said:
sid_max said:
Hello.
v2.0.4 G1hb
v2.0.4 G1kb
Thank you.

Hi sid_max,

Unfortunately the new blue menu's are difficult to backup or flash. There may be other firmware versions available, I will need to check to see if anything exists.

Dash Cam Man

After flashing my device does not turn on.
I would be very grateful if you could help me.
Thank you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E GSXXXX 6
D GSXXXX 1
C GSXXXX 5
J GSXXXX 3
D GSXXXX 0
Back