GS1000

DashCamMan said:
Mantom said:
Hello DashCamMan :D
I have not seen your posts for some time...Are you OK?

Hi Mantom,

I'm fine. I still try to post every day. Been a bit more busier and the number of posts has been increasing. Also if the thread has been answered and my post won't add more value, I probably usually don't post.

I am very glad to hear that :D

By the way. I would like to know if anybody has similar troubles to mine. With saving files on the memory card.
Now I got a Class 10 card (A-data 8GB) and the camera freezes in Full HD mode. And it does not overwrite files when the card is full. In spite of the fact that such option is selected in menu. No matter if it is 1, 5 or 10 minutes. And I have to delete the files manually as the camera informs me about this with a special sound.
Dear friends - what memory cards do you use ?

Mantom said:

I use 32 GB Sandisk Mobile Ultra Class 10 cards, if I can't get those I use Samsung Class 10, prefer to go with big brands for the card as the data performance is important

jokiin said:
Mantom said:

I use 32 GB Sandisk Mobile Ultra Class 10 cards, if I can't get those I use Samsung Class 10, prefer to go with big brands for the card as the data performance is important

And don't you have troubles with your cards? :D

Mantom said:
jokiin said:
Mantom said:

And don't you have troubles with your cards? :D

never had an issue

Hello. I have GS1000 with 4 IR diodes. But it can not record video in dark room. Can your GS1000 record video in dark room ?

Hi dash cam guys.

I got information from one of the aliexpress vendors.

"Hi dear , we have firmware now is SMH3.33, SMH3.34, SMHN4.34, SMH4.35, this is the similar firmware of the car dvr you want, hope it can help you much . As for the IR and LED light difference as the following : IR lights the video color is black and white, but can see a long distance than LED lights, LED lights the color of the video is the color , but can not see far than IR lights. Hope what I am offer can help you much ! "

and the other vendor wrote "Yes, we have GS2000 and GS1000 with original orange menu, my firmware for GS1000 is SMH4.36.220812B now, and GS2000 maybe with the latest version SM5H5HGB.121013. "

Anybody know something about firmware SM5H5 ?
And i have a question for you, which firmaware you recommend? and what is better for you IR light or LED lights?

I greet

Hi adziu89,

SM5H5HGB.121013 is the firmware for a camera with a different sensor (supposedly SENSOR_OV5653). It was released in December so not much info on this camera. Not sure if it is better or worse than the previous versions.

ok i understand,

can you tell me what is better for you opinion, IR od LED Lights? and which firmare should i buy 4.35 or 3.33 ?

adziu89 said:
ok i understand,

can you tell me what is better for you opinion, IR od LED Lights? and which firmare should i buy 4.35 or 3.33 ?

the lights do nothing, don't worry about them

Those firmware versions are pretty similar. Assuming it is from a reputable vendor, either one is fine. Some people prefer the 3.33 version (older sensor).

Re: GS1000

Postby Totti » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:32 pm

timjosten wrote:Hi! I have fake GS1000. This is the one with Orange menu, firmware version 20120929. I bricked it with a wrong firmware from Texet.
It can be resurrected by flasing Texet's F600 ELF firmware image using Ambarella Direct USB. The device will turn on, works as a flash disk, but will not display anything on the screen. This lets you to flash firmware.bin using the built-in firmware update functionality.
Here is the latest firmware 201201122 (22 Nov 2012).
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hv23aa

To unbrick your 'Fake Orange Menu' (version 20120929) GS1000 from any firmware mistake you made, using DirectUSB:
Take the bricked cam, remove the SD card and the USB cable.
Press 'Reset' for about 5 seconds and release.
Press 'REC/OK' and hold. Plug in the USB. AMBA device will show in Windows device manager. Release 'REC/OK'
Follow Firmware Update via USB, using the firmware GPS_v1.1.1SG1KB.elf. This works the same way as Texet's F600 ELF file.
After flashing that file, remove the cam from USB and press 'Reset' for about 5 seconds and release.
Prepare your SD card following the Complete Firmware Update Instructions. For the required firmware, use hd13up.bin as provided by timjosten as above. Insert the SD card into your cam and switch it on. Your cam should be alive again in a few seconds.

I have tried all this. Nothing works. nd I can not find the firmware tetex F600 elf. where is it?? lots of hours looking for it... I just installed the GPS v1.1.1sg1kb.elf and followed the instructions. It does not work. I want to try the tetex, but i dont know how to find... . ... :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
DashCamMan said:
Hi timjosten,

Thanks for the tip on recovering the DVR. Did you get the Texet 600 firmware from here? Any reason you chose that firmware?

I will update the main GS1000 page with this info shortly. Thank you for sharing the firmware as well.

Dash Cam Man

Where is that firmware? I can not find it... Thsnks

nachoo said:
DashCamMan said:
Hi timjosten,

Thanks for the tip on recovering the DVR. Did you get the Texet 600 firmware from here? Any reason you chose that firmware?

I will update the main GS1000 page with this info shortly. Thank you for sharing the firmware as well.

Dash Cam Man

Where is that firmware? I can not find it... Thsnks

that link was only to the page, the download is listed here http://www.texet.ru/save.php?file=/file ... 021430.zip

I will try it. I will tell you later if it worked for me... thank you

jokiin said:
that link was only to the page, the download is listed here http://www.texet.ru/save.php?file=/file ... 021430.zip

Ok, but there is the BIN file, not the ELF. Anyway I flashed the cam ith the bin, and it does not work...
Now I have flased the firm GPS_v1.1.1SG1KB.elf.. The camera starts, but it stops in 2 seconds. Whith the SD card method, I tried to flash the cam, but nothing happens. There should appear some picture making circles, but nothing happens. I think that the file autoexec.ash does not work. The autoexec.ash that I downloaded from here has only one line. I breaked into 4 lines, like this:

rm a:\autoexec.ash
firmfl prog d:\firmware.bin >> d:\flashlog.txt
rm d:\autoexec.ash
rm d:\firmware.bin

Is it right?

if you are using the autoexec.ash method you need that file plus the firmware.bin file on the card, both files need to be on the card, the ash file is a command that loads the firmware, if no firmware on the card there's nothing to load

I suspect your larger problem is not having the correct firmware file, they are not all the same as the hardware can vary quite a bit, once your seller gets back and you you can get the right firmware you should be able to get it going again

Yes. I included the firmware.bin but it is like it does not read it. Tried changing the file name to vfirmware, yamaha, etc ( and inside the .ash too) but it only write 2 folders: DCIM and other. It does nothing, the same than when there is not card inside...
Just starts with the 2 bikes, appears the main screen for a very little time, and turns off. What should I do wrong?

nachoo said:
Yes. I included the firmware.bin but it is like it does not read it. Tried changing the file name to vfirmware, yamaha, etc ( and inside the .ash too) but it only write 2 folders: DCIM and other. It does nothing, the same than when there is not card inside...
Just starts with the 2 bikes, appears the main screen for a very little time, and turns off. What should I do wrong?

sounds like you're working with the wrong firmware

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E GSXXXX 6
D GSXXXX 1
C GSXXXX 5
J GSXXXX 3
D GSXXXX 0
Back