Ham radio shuts off my U1000

Sky1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not sure if any other Ham operators out there noticed this but when I operate my ham radio it shuts off my U1000. So when mobile and operating the radio I have no surveillance footage , No files are created at all.
I installed Ferrite chokes but still kicking it off. I need to check which bands I know 10 meters and 20 meter for sure.
Has anyone else noticed this? I will do some more testing to see if my Ham radio in the house shuts off parking mode.

Well former HAM guy myself, and still have a radio or two somewhere in a moving box
Also did mobile back in the day, but that was way before the dashcams, in the early 90ties, reached well beyond the Danish borders on a good day.

I find it strange if RF "noise" from your radio should trigger the dashcam to go out, i would be more inclined to think transmission on the radio starve the camera for power.

My mobile radio look like this one.
Sommerkamp_TS-790DX.jpg

I also had a dual band,,,,, several actually, mobile and hand, with the limiter on the VFO removed, so i could listen and transmit on a lot more channels.
The small hand one was convenient when i worked the ferries, CUZ then i did not have to lug around the huge Motorola radios as mine was just 1/3 the size

Back