How to change colour of text for speed and GPS info

Viofo129Plus

Reaction score
Country
Australia
This is how the text on my dash cam recordings looks like :
1704075514322.png
As you can see the speed and GPS info is barely readable against the white bonnet/hood of the car. I have looked through the 129 Plus Duo manual and there is no mention of being able to change the colour of text.
I had someone ding the front of my car so tilting the camera further up isn't something I want to do. How to I get legible text to display on recordings?

I cant seem to edit my question, forgot to mention I have got a polarising filter "Original CPL Filter Lens Cap" from Viofo to reduce glare - dont think that affects this issue - but worth mentioning.

This is how the text on my dash cam recordings looks like :
View attachment 70007
As you can see the speed and GPS info is barely readable against the white bonnet/hood of the car. I have looked through the 129 Plus Duo manual and there is no mention of being able to change the colour of text.
I had someone ding the front of my car so tilting the camera further up isn't something I want to do. How to I get legible text to display on recordings?
So sorry that there is no way to change the color of the stamps. They are designed in white. Please adjust the direction of the lens to guarantee the background for the stamps is part of your black dashboard as below picture:
1704179530262.png

You can not do that outside of modifying the firmware.

TBH it would be nice if Viofo could supply / have maybe 3 different options for TXT color.
I imagine something like.

White
Black Yellow
Red

It do seem like your camera is pointed a bit high, at least in my car i always have a bit of the dashboard in the bottom of my videos

Last edited:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/viofo-improvement-wish-list.49280/post-599490

viofo1_1-1_084320-jpg.66869

Last edited:
the idea is not suitable for such a small font size

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R A129 Plus / A129 Plus Duo 5
G A129 Plus / A129 Plus Duo 6
Back