I can't find much on the Nextbase IQ in the real world...

In addition to the issue of parking mode... I also found the "Normal Sensitivy" setting to be way too noisy for me. I had a number of impact alerts on the way to work this morning, usually associated with fast turns. I also noticed my rear camera seems to be missing from one of them.IMG_4590.PNG

Yeah it seem like these was yet another catastrophe for nextbase.

Yeah it seem like these was yet another catastrophe for nextbase.
I stopped off at Halfords last week, needed something for cleaning and conditioning my leather steering wheel before taking it for its annual test, and walking into the store, there were the iQs, pride of place in the nearest display to the entrance. I'm a bit surprised there aren't more people who have bought them from Halfords and ended up here, so either Halfords customers are more sensible that I thought, or they are not prepared to spend that much without doing some research, and they have read our warnings, or maybe they read the reviews on the Halfords website, which are not exactly good!

It’s a bit sensitive when someone walks past the camera near your car and you get an alert on your phone, that happens probably 15 to 20 times a day and night.
Isn't that why people want a cloud dashcam?
And why I have never wanted a cloud dashcam :ROFLMAO: ,
I'm quite happy to deal with the problem after a good nights sleep, not be woken up in the middle of the night because a cat jumped onto the car!

The leather conditioner worked, passed its 19th year test without any faults, or even a warning!

Reactions: cpo
Downloading High Definition videos from SD Card results in 480p video (after failing the first attempt of course)! Rear camera should be 2K.IMG_4600.png
IMG_4601.png

IMG_4602.png

IMG_4604.png

Downloading High Definition videos from SD Card results in 480p video (after failing the first attempt of course)! Rear camera should be 2K.
480 can count as SD, but at least you are getting 16:9 aspect ratio, unlike some brands!
So what do you get if you download SD? :unsure:

Presumably you get SD from your 4K front camera too?

Yep. Same. Here is a front cam. I didn’t try to download the SD version yet tbh. It probably downloads a potato.

IMG_4605.png

Those low res are probably just preview footage, what you see / get if streaming a live view on the phone.
I would assume if you looked at the memory card with a computer the " proper " files would be there

Here is a front cam.
That looks a bit fuzzy!
Hope the real 4K images are better, if you can get access to them...

I didn’t try to download the SD version yet tbh. It probably downloads a potato.
It might download HD...

Those low res are probably just preview footage, what you see / get if streaming a live view on the phone.
I would assume if you looked at the memory card with a computer the " proper " files would be there
It literally says “Download From SD Card” and “Download HD”. I do this all the time from my BlackVue and get proper 4K footage. I don’t need a camera that requires pulling the card when a download option is available.

Attachments

• IMG_4599.jpeg
    IMG_4599.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 1
no. Many PPL today are all phone, some younger folks barely know what a PC is.
Something clearly all wrong with those cameras.

First, using the SD download does deliver the same 480p size video.

Second, I am considering replacing the rear camera in my "system" with the VIOFO VS1 Mini. It's the same resolution as the rear Nextbase cam, but is using the Starvis 2 sensor. I decided to do a quick comparison before completely uninstalling the Nextbase.

First, using the SD download does deliver the same 480p size video.

Second, I am considering replacing the rear camera in my "system" with the VIOFO VS1 Mini. It's the same resolution as the rear Nextbase cam, but is using the Starvis 2 sensor. I decided to do a quick comparison before completely uninstalling the Nextbase.

Oh mate, when the IQ was announced a bunch of us here on DCT had a field day ripping it to pieces.

And when it was launched, our suspicions were confirmed unfortunately. Nextbase make this big song and dance about their products but they never seem to learn from their mistakes.

Back