Improvements for G90 software (please provide feedback)

Bubbah

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
G90, G90-7S, G50, G55W, A118, CDV300X
I published a review of the G90 on my blog and, beside the very small 150mAh battery that goes only 20 minutes at full charge and the saturated sound issue (brought to an acceptable level with the latest fw imho), I found 2 other problems that certainly could be rectified easely:

- The absence of playback controls (FF, Pause, ...) . Only Play...
g4Uw7AMV_J6aU4JVWZP1tWelyMPW7v2JKRg4YH_OHpYN=s192-p-no

- Backlight Off function does not work when Motion Detection is enabled.
This is clearly a bug to me, and could be a real problem in some countries where video devices are not allowed while driving.
xb7XCvN7fq5jfm8HzXzrVKridJPPc3OnilQ9_zwkNQD8=s192-p-no

I really hope that Dome/Blackview will consider improving the software for these points.

20 minutes?
I can't even get 5 minutes and that's also only when it's fully charged.
Any less than full charge, it just shuts down with 'Goodbye' message as soon as it starts.

Well, I do get 20' but only from full charge.
It rarely lasts that long and I suspect that the battery drains even when the camera if turned off.

In the lingdu mall, they advertise the PC-Camera (webcam) mode for the G90. I wonder if there's a firmware update already for that?
upload_2014-8-15_10-41-51.png

They also show a rear-view mirror bracket with accessories of the G90 here, but I'm pretty sure it's not available fo rthis model unfortunately.
upload_2014-8-15_10-45-7.png

I'm using firmware version trunk r439M in my G90 A7LA70 + GPS due to some bugs in version G90-A770_553-S-H.
Everything works well apart from a little gremlin in motion detection.
Once the screen's gone off, when movement is detected the camera starts to record... but it also switches the screen back on.
Somewhat gives away you’re covert monitoring at night when your camera lights up the car :confused:

Last edited:
Back