Is there a standardized/universal "stealth" Mobius mount or installation?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've settled on the Mobius as my dash cam of choice for a 2014 Ford Focus SE sedan.

I'd like to have the installation as discreet as possible (I do have that black dot vinyl wrap thing behind the rear view mirror and may potentially be tinting the top section as well of the windshield) and ideally, have it hardwired into the car if possible so I'm not permanently taking up the cigarette lighter to charge.

Is there anything I could buy that would satisfy these conditions? I saw some of the other mounts posted here, but they're either larger suction mounts, or have some sort of fancy installation that I am likely unable to do.

I am thinking that heavy duty velcro will be handy here, as I'd like to be able to remove the Mobius easily if possible (to protect vs theft and heat). I saw this thread here where someone has created a pretty solid mount DIY-style, but I was hoping there is something similar I could just buy. Instead of the magnets, I'd prefer to use the heavy duty velcro to remove the Mobius when necessary as to not create any magnetic interference with the device or the SD card.

Lastly, since I am not technically inclined, and I literally just bought this car a few days ago, I am quite wary of doing any electrical work to it myself. I'd want a professional installer to do the hardwiring at the same time they'd be doing the rear view camera installation (I'll be using a rear view mirror on the windshield as the camera as well) so that I have their expertise for both installations. What type of installer do I need to go to that will understand how I want the dashcam set up to be?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is mine, requires some tinkering, piece of sheet aluminium or metal, and short lense extension cable from joovuu.com.
20140915_214843.jpg

This is mine, requires some tinkering, piece of sheet aluminium or metal, and short lense extension cable from joovuu.com.
20140915_214843.jpg
have you actually taken the camera lens out of the housing and extended it with a cable?? is this easy to do? got any more pics?

have you actually taken the camera lens out of the housing and extended it with a cable?? is this easy to do? got any more pics?
Yes, it's very easy
Short cable you can find here
Super capacitor battery pack is here
And here is instructions, only difference is that i used short 2 inch cable.

that's heaps cool, that will be a perfect stealth installation on my back window. even a blackspew wont be that stealth.

Back