It just played a 4 note, doorbell/clock chime?? (Solved)

Robertm

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I was driving this afternoon, and out of the blue the dash cam played either the 4 note chime from a doorbell or one of the 4 note chimes from mantel clock. When I played it back, it happened seconds after it started a new 2 minute recording. The videos are fine and nothing is missing from any of the videos. The odd thing, which must be totally unrelated is that may GPS announced we had reached out destination and the dashcam chimed at almost the same time. It was weird. I haven't found anything about why this would happen or what it might mean. Has anyone else had this happen?
I attached a short clip, but I'm not sure if it worked..

Can't see the clip, have you put it on YouTube? Trying to upload it to this site will not work, you need to link in a Youtube video...

Ok, I just used the Attach Files button at the bottom of the post. I don't know how to put it on YouTube, but I'll have a look. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the A119 v3 just chime a tune and what it actually means.

Here is the link to a short video of the sound it made.
I guess it sounds more like a doorbell chime.

Never heard of a V3 doing that before

I have no idea what it is, but it is cool! :love:

The weird part is that the chime went off within a couple of seconds of the in dash GPS telling me we had arrived at the destination. My wife asked if they were tied together. They can't be, but I'll try another destination today to see what happens. I'll send the video link to Viofo directly too.

I was driving this afternoon, and out of the blue the dash cam played either the 4 note chime from a doorbell or one of the 4 note chimes from mantel clock. When I played it back, it happened seconds after it started a new 2 minute recording. The videos are fine and nothing is missing from any of the videos. The odd thing, which must be totally unrelated is that may GPS announced we had reached out destination and the dashcam chimed at almost the same time. It was weird. I haven't found anything about why this would happen or what it might mean. Has anyone else had this happen?
I attached a short clip, but I'm not sure if it worked..
I don't know what parameters come into play but it's definitely a driver fatigue detection and warning. you can access from settings. In addition, when you stop, there is a vehicle in front of you, and when it moves, if you haven't moved, a horn sounds from the camera.

"Add Car Safety feature, which includes Stop & Go and Driver Fatigue Alarm reminders."

Maybe you have Driving Safety > Driver Fatigue Alarm in settings turned on?View attachment 67111

Thank you, that has to be what it was. I have the fatigue alarm set to 2 hours. It wasn't the first time I have driven for 2 hours in the last couple of weeks though and it was the first time it played. I didn't see anything on the screen, but I probably missed that, and I wasn't expecting a 4 note chime. If it hadn't gone off literally at the same time as the GPS, it wouldn't have been so weird.
Mystery Solved.

Back