Looping Videos Question.

Glenpinn

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi everyone, just bought a G1W-CB and installed it yesterday, however i notice something odd with the looping files.
Ok so the Cam starts to record in 3 minute loops as soon as i start the ignition, so i drive around for 4 minutes, stop the car and turn the ignition off without stopping the recording manually.
When i got home, i copy the 2 files to my laptop to check them, and i was able to play the first 3 minute loop, but the 2nd loop file, which is 1 minute, will not open or play, it appears to be corrupted.
I repeated the tet, only this time when i stoped the car after 4 minutes, i stopped the recording first, then turned the ignition off.
Got home again, and this time both the 3 minute loop and the one minute loop played ok.

Why is this happening, because i i am driving along and see a crash, and i turn off the ignition to go help out, i will lose the last video file in the loop that recorded the crash.

My gut instinct is to make sure i manually stop recording before turning the ignition off, so i won't lose that last video file.

Cheers

Sounds like it's not shutting down correctly, most likely a hardware issue if that's the case

Thanks for the quick reply, i suspected that if the camera starts recording when the ignition is turned on, then the final video file should be ok when the ignition is turned off.
Anyway, i just did another test by driving for 5 minutes, i came home, turned the car off, and oddly this time the second 2 minute file did play as well as the first 3 minute loop.
If it is a hardware issue, how can i be sure, and should i contact the seller and let them know, as i got mine from a supplier in Sydney (australia) and i live 6 hours away from them, so sending me a new one only takes 3 days.

Cheers

Hi guys, i have tested the video looping with another 8gb Sandisk ultra card (class 10) as well as the 32gb class 10 Kingston card that came with my camera, and every time i turn the ignition off, the final video is corrupted, so this definately is not a case of incompatible cards in my opinion.

Cheers

Last edited:
Turned out to be a slightly corrupted firmware, the seller sent me the new another firmware file (.bin) which i put onto the Card, put that in the camera, turned it on, it was blank for about 5 to 10 seconds, then it came on, and i noticed everything was reset to default, tested both my crds again, and the final video file from each shutdown loop now plays perfectly.

Cheers

Last edited:
Back