Lukas 7950 WD Arrived and unpacked

Reeltripp

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got the box today and everything appears to be there. Tried to load the Lukas Viewer on my Win pc but Norton didn't like it and even erased the file. Thank goodness I had copied the install to my PC so I just copied it again and disabled Norton. Now I have the Viewer running and a bunch of parts. Tomorrow will be a big day.

I still haven't got hold of an iPhone 5 App for Lukas. If I get far enough along I'll try the "Dash Cam" app I did download.

Sorry, no experience on that app.
The only apple I like is the edible one.

Been a good day so far. Started install and found correct wires near the fuse holder but I had to splice on a couple of inches of larger wire in order for my electrical clips to work on the car wire. Got the wire hid up to the rear view mirror. Stuck the camera up and plugged in every thing, leaving the rear camera hanging off the front seat. Turned it on and it seems to work. Showed firmware 11 and other things. And it connected the WiFi to my iphone but the Dash Cam app I had did not work. I took it for a spin around the block. Got home and took out the SD drive and plugged it into my PC. The Lukas Viewer displayed the files but the dates were off. I think the GPS was trying to link and I did notice the speed showed on the camera so it's working. Video showed a lot of dash reflection when facing the sun.
I have got the Lukasview app now so I'll try that when the car gets back.

Been a good day so far. Started install and found correct wires near the fuse holder but I had to splice on a couple of inches of larger wire in order for my electrical clips to work on the car wire. Got the wire hid up to the rear view mirror. Stuck the camera up and plugged in every thing, leaving the rear camera hanging off the front seat. Turned it on and it seems to work. Showed firmware 11 and other things. And it connected the WiFi to my iphone but the Dash Cam app I had did not work. I took it for a spin around the block. Got home and took out the SD drive and plugged it into my PC. The Lukas Viewer displayed the files but the dates were off. I think the GPS was trying to link and I did notice the speed showed on the camera so it's working. Video showed a lot of dash reflection when facing the sun.
I have got the Lukasview app now so I'll try that when the car gets back.
Using a CPL filter and/or a dark color/flat/matte type dash cover can help reflections.

I bought a dash cover and it had little light threads sticking up and it showed up like snow in video...
Now trying an ebony matte fabric paint to cover those light threads...

Lots of video clips! 24 hours on new setup and in ACC mode, parking, 450 clips, both front and back. Sensitivity set to 2 for both, but everything from clouds to butterflies are setting off Motion. I reset to sensitivity of 1 and will see what happens.

I prefer rear camera in the center if possible.

Sunny, I agree but our car has rear seat head rests. The rear view mirror only has a small range of view and I didn't want the camera taking any of that up.

Head up there is a version update for the Lukas 9750 B and D type firmware 5.5.7 Sorry I havent been on for a while Unfortunately my lovely wife lost her battle with a burst appendix and passed away on the 19th june after fighting a long and hard battle I am still finding the loss very difficult to cope with

@jokiin many thanks for your kind words I have been through many emotions over the last few weeks grief despair even suicidal at times I now have rescued a 7 year old shih tzu dog who was about to be put down because his owners did not want him anymore and he is helping me through most days Ipol

you can always come on here anytime you want to take your mind off things for a while, a bit of light hearted banter never goes astray

yep I know that its what makes this forum unique and the best on the net .....I have downloaded the latest firmware and will give it a try this afternoon when I take Diego up to the forest for a walk and then we finish at the cemetery every day to water the flowers before coming home ....Lukas doesnt seem to have updated the viewer though Ipol

Head up there is a version update for the Lukas 9750 B and D type firmware 5.5.7 Sorry I havent been on for a while Unfortunately my lovely wife lost her battle with a burst appendix and passed away on the 19th june after fighting a long and hard battle I am still finding the loss very difficult to cope with
Oh man!
That's really sad.
Hope you deal with it the best you can.

@Ipol so sorry to hear about Monique, my thoughts are with you too, its never easy but all you can do is get through each day at a time - it certainly sounds like Diego will be keeping you busy for the foreseeable!

thanks Sunny I am dealing with it a day at a time .......now I have the responsibility of the dog I rescued I have something positive to concentrate on The first firmware didnt go too well I kept getting the same start up message over and over again and a blank screen ....I re-formatted the card with the new firmware again and this time the camera fired up normally I will take the car out tomorrow morning and see how the camera behaves........ Ipol

Hi Reverend thanks for the message Diego is 7 years old and adorable its nearly 3 weeks now since he arrived on the scene and has made a world of difference .....I had to format the SD card twice first time the LK9750 Btype left me with a blank screen The second formatting attempt seems to have worked it took about 4 minutes to install into the camera but by that time I had backed the car into the garage but this time the screen and video were recording I have to go into calais tomorrow so I can test it thoroughly I will report on the results Ipol

They have now FI13 firmware.

I'm testing new test firmware with Lukas to fix latitude/longitude information.
Lukas will fix that in the new firmware soon.

Ipol, so sorry about your wife. Thanks for the heads up on the firmware.

Back