Memory Cards for B40/A118/AE-CC30

It's working.
You don't need a utility.

Formatting on the Mac and using "DOS" CMD line:
format /FS:FAT32 <drive>:
did work. I just didn't know it.

This happens to me all the time where knowing the innards and too much in advance messes me up.

I use sandisk 32 gb sdhc class 10/u1 on my dash cam, and it works fine. It overwrites with no problem and it hasnt caused an error message.
I got my b40/a118 from Amazon vendor, AutoVox. The firmware is either 20141114 or 20141119.

I have three dash cams and each one gave me grief until by trial and error I sorted through settings and configurations. I repeatedly suspected my first card, a 64gb class 10 Sandisk. From the crew here, third party software and more trial and error, I recently formatted it to FAT32 and now in my daily driver it provides double the recording time than the prior 32gb card. My 32gb cards are class 10 Transcends that plugged and played from the get-go in all dash cams and my phone.

I have been using a 32GB class 10 Samsung Evo and having issues where some of my journeys stop recording at 20 mins. My Firmware has been updated to the lasted and still get the odd journey stops recording (always at 20 mins) - Awaiting feedback from some of the retailers etc here before I buy a different card.

Last edited:
I have been using a 32GB class 10 Samsung Evo and having issues where some of my journeys stop recording at 20 mins. My Firmware has been updated to the lasted and still get the odd journey stops recording (always at 20 mins) - Awaiting feedback from some of the retailers etc here before I buy a different card.

Try some other section times.. ie 3 miutes ie 5 minutes ..

Try some other section times.. ie 3 miutes ie 5 minutes ..

I changed from 1m to 3 mins last night so will need to monitor for a few days - fingers crossed

I have a Sandisk Ultra 32GB that I've had plugged into my Samsung tablet for 2 years now. Didn't have much stored on it, so when my A118 arrived Monday, I took the 8GB card from it and swapped with the Sandisk. Seems to work perfectly in the dashcam so far:

41SEYcHUntL._AA160_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=SanDisk Ultra 32GB MicroSDHC Class 10

I have a Sandisk Ultra 32GB that I've had plugged into my Samsung tablet for 2 years now. Didn't have much stored on it, so when my A118 arrived Monday, I took the 8GB card from it and swapped with the Sandisk. Seems to work perfectly in the dashcam so far:

41SEYcHUntL._AA160_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=SanDisk Ultra 32GB MicroSDHC Class 10
Please let us know how it works out once you've recorded enough to loop through the entire card once or twice (5-10 hours at 1080p) and whether any files are missing or corrupt.

Also what version is your firmware, considering you just now got it?

Please let us know how it works out once you've recorded enough to loop through the entire card once or twice (5-10 hours at 1080p) and whether any files are missing or corrupt.

Also what version is your firmware, considering you just now got it?

I'll do that, although it may take some time as I'm not driving very far these days. My firmware version shows A118.20141222.

OK, yesterday my Sandisk card filled up and started overwriting the oldest files. I'm happy to say the SanDisk Ultra 32G works perfectly in my A118. I'm recording 5 minute segments, by the way.

Last edited:
Back