mini 0806 (mini 0803 pro) demo video

without looking, I strongly suspect that SSD is the best long term storage solution, in terms of both cost & capacity

without looking, I strongly suspect that SSD is the best long term storage solution, in terms of both cost & capacity
I think in general cost is about the same as they both contain essentially the same memory chips.

With an SSD being physically larger you can fit more memory in it, but unless you can make it cheaper per GB then I don't see there being a market for it since the largest capacity SD cards already cost more than most cameras.

What about WiFi support? will be a great and useful addition.
It's not on the current spec sheet, although it was on an earlier one so maybe it is an OEM option?

catalog-140930_page_02-jpg.8537

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone post raw footage?

I'm curious if any of the testers have used this camera at lower temps like -10 degrees F to 20 F? I live in the northern US and it gets COLD here. :)

I'm curious if any of the testers have used this camera at lower temps like -10 degrees F to 20 F? I live in the northern US and it gets COLD here. :)
I could try it in my freezer, ...but that is colder than my freezer!

Do you not heat your vehicle when in use?
What problems do you expect?

I could try it in my freezer, ...but that is colder than my freezer!

Do you not heat your vehicle when in use?
What problems do you expect?

I do heat it, but when I get into the car and leave within 1-3 minutes the car is not warm, so the interior is still -10 to 0...or maybe 20 degrees...

So this means the device is at that same temp....

So what are the operating temps of the device? Will it operate in a car that has been sitting in the -10 temps?

And yes, this is something that should be tested.

I can't believe one of the testers is not in a state or country that gets as cold as it gets here....if not...send me one of the cameras and I will put it in my cold car outside and try it out :)

Last edited:
I can't believe one of the testers is not in a state or country that gets as cold as it gets here....if not...send me one of the cameras and I will put it in my cold car outside and try it out :)
That sounds like a good idea - you need to speak to Rayman Chan...

I've not seen a specification with a minimum temperature.

I'm not convinced that me putting it in my freezer is a valid test. Apart from it not being cold enough, there would be a huge condensation problem which wouldn't happen in real life.

-10F is just beyond the limit for lipo batteries and it does contain a battery. However once it is powered the battery should warm up reasonably quickly since it is very close to the chips which generate some warmth, probably better in that regard than most dashcams. I guess you should expect a slightly shorter battery life than people in warmer climates, although maybe longer than those that have an issue with heat. Most super capacitors have the same lower limit so there is no reason to avoid cameras with lipo batteries.

The product was made for the German market so I'm sure cold weather use is taken into account

It's not significantly different from the other 080x models, how did they fare in the cold weather?

The product was made for the German market so I'm sure cold weather use is taken into account

It's not significantly different from the other 080x models, how did they fare in the cold weather?

That's a great question....I never seem to find any videos or talk of cold weather, but if you know of any please pass it on...I have yet to see any and I have watched tons, but maybe missed some. Maybe most people don't use them in the cold?

All the talk I have seen is about hot weather :)

EDIT: Dah...I just found this in the 803 manual..

Operational conditions
.According to the design, the recorder should be operated within the temperature range from
0C – 400C (32°F to 1040
F)

Last edited:
I've had my mobius in my car all winter and I live in Michigan. It has been down to -10f, -25c and it has been fine. Electronics like cold temps. What does not like cold temperatures is mechanical moving parts and seeing as these cameras done have any moving parts they should be good. Most thing you have to worry about is fogging of the lenses.

@CheckYourLights and @Dashmellow are in the US with the 0806 - I know it's snowing where CYL is but not sure about the temps? It's been fine here down to 0C.

I have had frost on my car the last 3 days, i hate removing that s..t and i hate below 20 deg C temperatures. :D so far the 0806 have been booting and recording with no problems.

0C – 400C (32°F to 1040F)
That will be the range over which it is guaranteed to work, obviously after you remove the extra zero from the C value!

You can expect it to work perfectly well beyond that range though, but possibly with reduced lifetime.

Sensible limits are probably -15C to 45C. Running it beyond those limits for a few minutes while the heater/cooler gets into range is likely to shorten battery life significantly but wont do much other harm. Batteries are cheap, but not that easy to replace. If it is in direct sun then you should probably lower the upper limit by 20C, or give it a sun shade.

battery is safe to 45c, above that they're not as stable, that's the real limiting factor, the rest of the hardware, processor, CMOS etc will be good for 70c

Just a question but why are there two micro SD-slots?

Back