Mini0801 custom firmwares

I formatted the SD card as suggested, moved the .BIN file onto it, put the microSD back into the JADO and plugged it into the PC's USB port. The JADO turns on, then goes to a blue screen reading "USB CONNECTING" and it just stays there forever. I've tried multiple times but always get the same result.

The only thing I can think of is to rename the .BIN file. It's currently named "20131202-GPS-1CARD.bin".

do you have a wall charger like a iphone charger or similar? If so, try plugging the usb cord into that and plug it into a wall outlet and use that. I think if you connect the usb to a usb port a PC it initiazes a communication between the dash cam and pc instead of just supplying power. And yes, you need to rename the file to what the common filename for the firmware are. It should be in the info page for the mini 0801. I'll find the page for you

do you have a wall charger like a iphone charger or similar? If so, try plugging the usb cord into that and plug it into a wall outlet and use that. I think if you connect the usb to a usb port a PC it initiazes a communication between the dash cam and pc instead of just supplying power.
It does initialize a connection. On my PC it prompts me to open a folder to view the files on the microSD card inside the Jado.

do you have a wall charger like a iphone charger or similar? If so, try plugging the usb cord into that and plug it into a wall outlet and use that. I think if you connect the usb to a usb port a PC it initiazes a communication between the dash cam and pc instead of just supplying power. And yes, you need to rename the file to what the common filename for the firmware are. It should be in the info page for the mini 0801. I'll find the page for you

Here is a subscript from http://dashcamtalk.com/mini-0801/

Firmware Update Instructions
  1. Format the MicroSD Card
  2. Copy the firmware file(s) (.bin) onto the root of the MicroSD Card
  3. You may need to rename the firmware file depending on the your camera. Some of the names that have worked include:
    • firmware-NO1-SPI-OV2710FLIP-TB15-M8452.bin
    • firmware-NO1.bin
    • firmware-NO1-SPI-TB15.bin
    • firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.bin
    • firmware-NO1-SPI-OV2710FLIP-TB15-MA310.bin
  4. The camera should prompt to update automatically (yes/no)
  5. After the firmware update is completed be sure to delete the files or you will be prompted to update again

It does initialize a connection. On my PC it prompts me to open a folder to view the files on the microSD card inside the Jado.

Yeah, the dashcam is basically acting as a reader for the microsd card at that point. Use a wall charger and rename the file in the microsd card to the following:
  • firmware-NO1.bin
I actually copy the same file 5 times and rename it to the above five. Lazy on trying each one i guess but it works.

Here is a subscript from http://dashcamtalk.com/mini-0801/

Firmware Update Instructions
  1. Format the MicroSD Card
  2. Copy the firmware file(s) (.bin) onto the root of the MicroSD Card
  3. You may need to rename the firmware file depending on the your camera. Some of the names that have worked include:
    • firmware-NO1.bin
  4. The camera should prompt to update automatically (yes/no)
  5. After the firmware update is completed be sure to delete the files or you will be prompted to update again
You can skip step 1

Yeah, the dashcam is basically acting as a reader for the microsd card at that point. Use a wall charger and rename the file in the microsd card to the following:
  • firmware-NO1.bin
I actually copy the same file 5 times and rename it to the above five. Lazy on trying each one i guess but it works.
The fourth one worked. At first I thought it bricked the camera because after a message saying "PROCESSING" for a while, it made a very loud static noise and then suddenly shut off, which I didn't think was good. Then I plugged it back in and it turned on as usual, even displayed a new startup screen, and worked like normal. I checked the firmware version and it says 20131202. The settings menu seems virtually unchanged, though - I was hoping there would be a way to turn off the startup/shut down noises. But the screen goes black after the camera sits idle for a while (whether recording or not), which is a good thing (previously the screen always stayed on). Hopefully this fixed the Storage I/O error I was getting as well.

The fourth one worked. At first I thought it bricked the camera because after a message saying "PROCESSING" for a while, it made a very loud static noise and then suddenly shut off, which I didn't think was good. Then I plugged it back in and it turned on as usual, even displayed a new startup screen, and worked like normal. I checked the firmware version and it says 20131202. The settings menu seems virtually unchanged, though - I was hoping there would be a way to turn off the startup/shut down noises. But the screen goes black after the camera sits idle for a while (whether recording or not), which is a good thing (previously the screen always stayed on). Hopefully this fixed the Storage I/O error I was getting as well.

Yeah there is no setting for the sound to be turned on/off but I believe there is already a version provided by @Tobi@s with no sound on the previous posts.

If you guys want a bootlogo you can tell me if you want the sounds removed..

Hey Tobi@s, I haven't gotten my 0801 yet but they said it shipped today! Can I get a custom firmware with background from you ahead of time? If the unit ships with newer firmware than what you have do we have a way to back it up before writing over it or need to request from E-PRANCE? I can do the background mods myself with your tutorial but I would prefer no sounds as well.

Can you do one with Ford blue oval ?...

3313j9g.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/3313j9g.jpg

set to 'no sound', for cam w/no internal flash.

Is there a way to later use a hex editor to modify the binary file, so as to restore sound or change the menu labeling (e.g., GPS On/Off instead of GPS Open/Close)?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Can you do one with Ford blue oval ?...

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0SO8xT8DtZSCXkANDZXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0cWVmanVlBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDM0M18x?_adv_prop=image&fr=uh3_my_web_gs&va=blue oval

set to 'no sound', for cam w/no internal flash.

Is there a way to later use a hex editor to modify the binary file, so as to restore sound or change the menu labeling (e.g., GPS On/Off instead of GPS Open/Close)?

Thanks!

Unfortunately there is a checksum included for every section. You need to search there positions if you want to hexedit it. Plus if I disable the sound I "exclude" the soundfiles.

Hey Tobi@s, I haven't gotten my 0801 yet but they said it shipped today! Can I get a custom firmware with background from you ahead of time? If the unit ships with newer firmware than what you have do we have a way to back it up before writing over it or need to request from E-PRANCE? I can do the background mods myself with your tutorial but I would prefer no sounds as well.
If you get a newer version than 20131230 you're a lucky guy :D Then we know that we can request a newer Version from eprance or givoe.
You can Flash whatever version you want.

@Dom D
No. 1 is ready:
http://p-mc.eu/dc/dl/get.php?f=20131202-1card-gps-toyota

Unfortunately there is a checksum included for every section. You need to search there positions if you want to hexedit it. Plus if I disable the sound I "exclude" the soundfiles.

I see. checksum makes it more difficult to hack. You're not replacing the sound file with a blank one instead.

Well I could replace it with a NULL-filled file, too

Hello Guys,
Sorry my english, google help me with english. I am from Brazil.

I have one mini 0801 with internal 8Gb + GPS + External card 32Gb

My last firmware is 20131230,I bought on Givoe / Aliexpress

@Tobi@s, could help me ?

I need one firmware :

20131230 GPS + External card + Internal card MPH/KPH setting, thanks to edc1!

Without startup Sound,I hate that sound ahhhhhhh, sorry =/
With other logo, any logo.

Thank you so much,

Regards

Back