BlackVue DR550GW-2CH Chinese firmware v1.017

http://www.blackvue.com/en/contents/sub3.asp
Highlights:
- Adjusted microphone volume
- Video optimization
- Other bug fixes and improvements

Thanks for the heads up...
I hope and pray this gives us slightly more bitrate :|

Lets all not go crazy and download all at the same time...

Pittasoft servers are not very fast at the best of times! :D

Here is the direct link for English Firmware tho for English Spec Cameras - http://bit.ly/DR550_V1017e

According to car-dvr forum member "vagorzel", most important issue ( bit-rate ) is not improved.

http://car-dvr.info/forum/index.php?topic=7.2700

"Vagorzel" Google translated replay.

Yes, and with this firmware again no sense to climb down from 1,004. As the saying goes - we'll wait ...
What are they (PittaSoft) so abut at a bit since last fool is clear that, from 6 megabits our video almost sucks compared to the competition. At least 500 were tightened to 10 Mbps that they are not even from this started? It seems that the decision to refuse to custom bikes from the factory firmware as a base and do everything "from scratch" was right, though, and pushes the period of its occurrence. But at this rate, the release of "any" firmware from the manufacturer hopes to get a normal STOCK firmware, which would be implemented by the possibility of "iron" almost gone (at least for me).

Last edited:
Sorry - That translation from Google isn't the best. I can't even make heads or tails of what he's trying to say.

Let's get the firmware downloaded and then we can pop up our results.

Even through a gibberish translation it seems the bitrate is the same and the punters aren't pleased

I can translate in few simple words that bit-rate is still s _ cks and "vegorzel" ( beta tester ) dont see point going down from 1.004.
We see again that Pittasoft dont listen to end customer most requested needs.
Maybe need to wait untill some russians crack firmware and customize it rising bit-rate higher like they did with older series last year.

Ok, downloaded, installed and tested and....
I can see absolutely no difference at all :confused: perhaps my expectation of 'video optimisation' was too much.

I did notice a type-o in the latest viewer though - screen brightness slider moves from "Norma" :D to "Brighter" lol

Oh, and my clock is still wrong despite it having a good GPS signal for 10 mins. How long would it take to re-read from the GPS? if this is indeed the issue?

And also, just noticed, it now says "VOD" in the middle of the bar at the bottom (previously it said nothing) - what on earth is that?!

Ok, downloaded, installed and tested and....
I can see absolutely no difference at all :confused: perhaps my expectation of 'video optimisation' was too much.

That exactly what I read from russian forum, - no big difference with vital settings ( video quality, bit-rate ) what all owners of this blackvue model expect.

That forum has thread about customized firmware. I will try to read it when get chance. Maybe something interesting could be found there from "hackers / crackers" :)

And also, just noticed, it now says "VOD" in the middle of the bar at the bottom (previously it said nothing) - what on earth is that?!

This Shows on my 550 is always been there if you are logged on with WiFi. it says Live if you are viewing live footage from your mobile and VOD if you are playing Video on demand, eg watching a recorded bit of footage, normally you don't do this while driving so you would have never seen it.

I have a Slightly better translation for you Niko
Yes, and with this firmware again no use no climb down from 1,004. As they say-let's wait ...What do they (PittaSoft) or push against with bitrate, because the last fool clearly with 6 megabits our video practically sucks compared to the competition. At 500 to 10 Mbit hauled what they here since this started? It seems that the decision to refuse to kastoma the original firmware as the base and all do ' from scratch ' was correct, though it pushes the term its appearance. But at this rate, the ' no ' firmware from the manufacturer hopes to get a normal stock firmware, that would provide the capability to ' iron ' virtually no (at least from me).

I have a feeling that this is on about the orignal firmware 1.004 and that pittasoft wont release it to the "Frackers" and there for he is having to create the "Custom" firmware from scratch.

Well I am having a read of the car-dvr website and this is what they think has been fixed

Video Blue at night possably better but they think its still there waiting till tomorrow to see?

Posted by InfMax on the car-dvr Forum
He Said
Recently upgraded. as noted by the blue left, but I was less flicker. tomorrow morning, see if something was actually better.
In the settings had the opportunity to put the record of 3 minutes? It seems only 1 and 2 minutes there. I could be wrong.

Seems like the Blue Screen has not been fully removed near the end it reapears

What are we looking at there?
Has his time been corrected??

I get really bad 'blue-ing' on mine if our security light comes on so I'll check it out tomorrow.

Sorry was Just checking the link had worked. Didn't have a chance to type anything. LOL

np
with regards to the settings, the 3 min setting is definitely still there as I reset mine once it was all plugged in again.

I have downloaded the latest update 1.017 to my personal website. This is Only BlackVue DR550GW-2CH English firmware v1.017 not Any other language, Just UK
falcon-ii.co.uk/download/DR550GW-2CH_v1.017E(2013.11.06)_Setup.exe
this should allow the people on the forum to get it faster then 2 hours.

It takes around 10 seconds to download it. and I haven't uploaded my site yet its been there since last year. I am Slow.

Last edited:
Have downloaded as far as I am aware correctly and THE TIME IS STILL ONE HOUR AHEAD WHY?

Back