Nextbase 622 protect file errors

Tilli121

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I previously had the 522 but returned it as it kept freezing, not recording, cutting out and while it worked file protecting everything on as the car was turned on and off, i upgraded to the 622gw. This was more or less ok, just the odd glitch. Recently however i travelled to sheffield and noticed that while my journey to sheffield was recorded, nothing of my return was, so i took the camera out of the car to check it out.
I have now found that
1 My recordings have no sound, i cant turn the audio to on???
2 When i press the red button on the front nothing happens, i thought this was meant to save a recording when in recording or playback mode.
3 I have pressed the protect button on a few files and although these show as protected when i skip through them they are not showing when i go to the 3 folders on my playback screen, the only one that does anything when pressed is the playback, the protected file and picture folders are both stating no files available within the selected folder.
Has anyone come across this before, can anyone advise please. I paid a lot of money for peace of mind on my daily journeys, I now have no faith in the dash cam. Thanks

How long ago did you buy the 622 ? If it's still under warranty, I would get in touch with Nextbase directly first rather than asking on a forum. If it's out of warranty, nextbase do have an account on here but they obviously aren't looking at the forum for hours on end every day of the week so you may not get an answer straightaway.
Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks
I bought it befor lockdown/covid. I have contacted them via their contact us on their website but hoped someone might have the answer on here as im expecting their answer to sound like their trouble shooting guide, i have spent ages pouring through the manual again before posting on here

Ah, sorry to hear that. I'm afraid I can't really be of much more help as I'm a bit like you in that my knowledge of dashcams is limited to say the least. Nextbase do seem to be reasonably helpful in trying to iron out some problems, especially as you have a complete list of symptoms that you're experiencing. It''s just the wait time unfortunately.
With any luck, they'll see this post and reply soon with an answer to your problems.
Good luck !

Back