ODBII not functioning

Jeremy M

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi there. I recently purchased two Lukas 7950s in large part due to the positive comments I read on this site. So thanks for that!

Both units are b-type. I purchased the ODBII add-on for my wife's 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe. The Lukas site says that their unit is compatible with this car. Installation went fine, except for the fact that the extra data I expected would be transmitted by the ODBII link is not visible. The bottom section of the camera video looks no different on this car than it does on the camera I installed without the OBDII add-on.

Can you guys offer any troubleshooting tips? I have checked that the cable is connected on both ends. The ODBII end is illuminated red when the car ignition is on. Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: Perhaps the firmware on the camera is the problem. Since I bought b-type, the camera may not be looking for the OBDII data. I wonder if it is possible to flash the b-type camera with d-type firmware in order to enable this functionality.

Last edited:
Good Morning, Jeremy

It looks like the OBD II component of the camera is not functioning due to an incompatible firmware. It sounds like your LK-7950 is running the Type B (GPS ONLY) firmware.

1) Please download the LK-7950 Type D (OBD II) firmware Here.
2) After you have downloaded and unzipped the file folder-- on your computer-- please format the Lukas SD card to completely remove all residual files and folders.
3) Proceed to 'drag and drop' the unzipped contents of the Type D firmware file onto the SD card.
4) Eject the SD card from your computer and place back into your LK-7950.

Firmware upgrade should take ~1-5min to complete.

5) Program the device to your desired settings on your phone or computer.

This should fix the issue but please let us know if you have anymore questions!

-- Answered by Sam

Good Morning, Jeremy

It looks like the OBD II component of the camera is not functioning due to an incompatible firmware. It sounds like your LK-7950 is running the Type B (GPS ONLY) firmware.

1) Please download the LK-7950 Type D (OBD II) firmware Here.
2) After you have downloaded and unzipped the file folder-- on your computer-- please format the Lukas SD card to completely remove all residual files and folders.
3) Proceed to 'drag and drop' the unzipped contents of the Type D firmware file onto the SD card.
4) Eject the SD card from your computer and place back into your LK-7950.

Firmware upgrade should take ~1-5min to complete.

5) Program the device to your desired settings on your phone or computer.

This should fix the issue but please let us know if you have anymore questions!

-- Answered by Sam
Great service :)

Im about to grab the OBD2 HUD from gearbest.

Anyone care to comment on the HUD as its so new.

Back