Overwriting a full SD Card

e190capt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I tried the Motion Detection function and it really sucks just filled my card up overnight. However my question is that it just stopped recording and not overwriting old files.

Is this just something that happen on Motion Detection or is it when the card is full it stops recording, hope not.

I tried the Motion Detection function and it really sucks just filled my card up overnight. However my question is that it just stopped recording and not overwriting old files.

Is this just something that happen on Motion Detection or is it when the card is full it stops recording, hope not.
Did you turn looping off?

Protected files cannot be over-written even in loop mode, so when the card fills with them recording stops. You either have to adjust the cam to reduce the number of protected files being written, use a larger card which fills less easily, or both.

Phil

Looping is on double checked it, but when the card was full on motion detection switched on it just stopped recording. I have a new 128GB card in now so will check later on when its get full.

As SawMaster said, files in the MD folder will not be overwritten, hence the card is filling up.

that's a handling error if that's how it is being done, that can be resolved in firmware though

But ideally if the footage is treated as a motion related event, it shouldn't be overwritten. Right?

But ideally if the footage is treated as an motion related event, it shouldn't be overwritten. Right?

I don't think so, if people are running motion detect all the time these aren't just events, this is regular recording for the most part

An option to turn loop ON/OFF separately for motion-detect should take care of this.

motion detect isn't parking mode, can't treat motion files as event files so it would be very limiting if loop was disabled, not the right approach

Back