Parking mode Low Bitrate not so low?

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi,

I am running a low bitrate parking mode on the A129 Plus Duo with 3 minutes size files.
Oddly enough, the front camera file is roughly 90MB whereas the rear camera file is roughly 190MB.
When not parking the file sizes are 600MB/400MB for the front/rear cameras.
Any ideas?

Thank you!

Is there more movement in the rear image?

Also, which firmware version and bitrate setting are you using? Then someone can check if they have the same results…

I have never compared F & R files from parking mode, but in my SG9663DR which are same sensor front and rear as i recall the files was the same size ( around 128 MB for a 3 minute file ) and if my memory serve me right a 4 mbit bitrate.
Other cameras i have tested parking mode, have been 1440p sensor in the front, so there would of course have been a difference.

This difference in file size do sound a bit strange.

Reactions: 202
The rear camera of the A129 Plus has its own processor, perhaps hence the different size of the files in the parking lot.

Thats right, the bitrate i assume are also different i would assume.
Clearly something a firmware fix should be able to resolve to bring things more in harmony

Thank you all for your replies!

I have the V1.5 hardware (I assume). Firmware is build2 version 20211020.
I have read that there is a separate rear camera firmware, but I do not see it on Viofo's web-site.

When parked at home the rear camera indeed points to more complicated scenery (the street) than the front camera (a white wall). Nevertheless, when parked someplace else the file sizes are identical. Therefore, I do not think that the scenery/activity affect the file sizes. Thus it seems @Karagandinez (and @kamkar) may be right on this case.

Thank you all for your replies!

I have the V1.5 hardware (I assume). Firmware is build2 version 20211020.
I have read that there is a separate rear camera firmware, but I do not see it on Viofo's web-site.
You are welcome.
There is a separate firmware for the rear camera. You may have the latest version installed. If there are no problems with the rear camera, then you should not flash it. But if you really need firmware for the rear camera, contact Viofo, I think they will give it to you.

I have contacted Viofo support and they indeed hold that the rear camera bitrate has not changed for parking mode.

I can't check the bitrate and file sizes on the A129 Plus Duo, I don't have it available, but on the T130 the rear camera has a fixed bitrate of 12.8Mbps and a file size of 91.3MB, regardless of settings or shooting mode.

Sounds like the same implementation :)

Back