Problem updating Firmware 1.5 to Viofo A129

yes the disconnect from power and re-connect got me out of stuck menu EV parameter. I must of power cycled this cam over 80 times trying to install the V1.5 firmware, and wasted over 2 hours of my time because @viofo neglected to put in their instructions "make certain you re-name the file". Last time when it went from 1.2 to 1.3 they left the 1.2 on the bottom of the page and the 1.3 on the top of the firmware page and that time I kept updating my 1.2 to 1.2 not knowing that there were two separate files at that time. I wasted hours with it then too, its so funny that its pathetic lol. thanks @viofo
yes, that's kind'a problem.
mda.gif

my primary language is russian, my secondary language is bad russian, and the forum's language is english. that's terrible!
shok.gif

if you get any big problemos try not to be creative - some others already did, check the forum for a solution or post the description of your problem and you'll get the best suggestions possible to solve you problem.
smile3.gif

Thanks Everyone for your help. My A129 is back in service and all is well. I'm sorry about yesterday, I was really frustrated, thanks everyone for your help I appreciate it. Hope everyone has a nice holiday season.

So Christmas came early for you then, a working fully up to date A129 [emoji16]

Have a good one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yes the disconnect from power and re-connect got me out of stuck menu EV parameter. I must of power cycled this cam over 80 times trying to install the V1.5 firmware, and wasted over 2 hours of my time because @viofo neglected to put in their instructions "make certain you re-name the file". Last time when it went from 1.2 to 1.3 they left the 1.2 on the bottom of the page and the 1.3 on the top of the firmware page and that time I kept updating my 1.2 to 1.2 not knowing that there were two separate files at that time. I wasted hours with it then too, its so funny that its pathetic lol. thanks @viofo
you didn't waste you time, you spend it to learn something you didn't know before, it takes time.
smile3.gif

just for fan try to reload the firmware a couple of times (wouldn't harm the camera), reset the settings to default and configure it again.
smile3.gif

how can you tell if the firmware was updated?
Go into the menu. The last entry in the menu list shows you the version installed in the camera.

Ok, trying to verify the firmware was installed based upon above answer. Plugged into computer. Screen is blue and says "microSD Card Reader Mode" If I run file explorer in Win 10 I see the .bin file. Also another folder DCIM /Movie/ several movie files MP4's that do not really play anything? I hit the camera buttons but it still stays on the blue screen? so frustrating..................maybe everything is good?

Ok, trying to verify the firmware was installed based upon above answer. Plugged into computer. Screen is blue and says "microSD Card Reader Mode" If I run file explorer in Win 10 I see the .bin file. Also another folder DCIM /Movie/ several movie files MP4's that do not really play anything? I hit the camera buttons but it still stays on the blue screen? so frustrating..................maybe everything is good?
Plugging it into pc just gives you what you are seeing, put it into a plug socket and it will then work like you have plugged it into the car meaning you will be able to access the menu etc

Back