Registrator Viewer Problem

Chad

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
GS9000/F9 (junk)/F900L/V2000GS/V5000GS/Panorama 2s/Mobius
I can not get datakam viewer to 'import' or list my cam files. I tried 3 different cams. I have uninstalled the k-lite mega pack and re-installed it. I deleted the viewer and downloaded it again and still nothing. I never had this problem before. Its happening on two separate computers of mine! I'm plugging in the SD card directly into my computer, and the player will not see the files. Even if I select 'add files' and navigate to the drive location I get the message "no items match your search". If I change the 'files of type' to read 'any files' the 'video' folder will show up, but no file names. When I click on the file, it gives me a yellow caution sign in the file list of the viewer. Now, when I copy the files from my SD card onto the hard drive of my computer, the player doesn't find them, but I am able to locate them and add them to the file list on the viewer. Then, they play with no problems? Just wont play from the SD card itself??? Any ideas???

Jokin: I tried several different cameras, Panorama 2S, V5000GS, V2000GS - Using class 10 Sandisk 32 gig ultras 30mb/s. I tried several different cards. Several different card readers, internal external etc. This is happening on two different computers. One laptop running Windows 7 premium, one desktop running XP. I tried uninstalling K Lite mega and running with out it, but it still didn't find the files from the card. Only if I first save them onto my computer and locate them there will they play in the player.

That was my first thought too, I disabled all antivirus / antispam software. That didn't work so I completely uninstalled the antivirus software and it still wont work.

OK, now I'm completely confused. It works fine when I use a 4gb class 4 card. I tried 16gb class 4 and no good. I tried 32gb class 10 and 64gb class 10 no good. These are all sandisk SDHC and SDXC cards!!! Any ideas????

Is the SD Card (or adapter) memory locked? If it's set to read only you'll have weird problems like that. Did you format your cards FAT32? (or using exFat?)

Codec packs are messy, you shouldn't need them unless you're older than Windows 7 (XP/Vista etc)

All else fails explain your issue directly to Vadim. http://www.registratorviewer.com/author_en.html

Last edited:
I recently formatted my 64gb card to FAT32 since using that same card with exFAT in the Panorama was causing problems in the camera. Since then, I've had the same issue as Chad but not only with Registrator Viewer. If I try to play a video directly from the memory card using VLC or Windows Media Player I get an error message. If I copy the video to the computer and then play it, it plays just fine in any video player (and Registrator Viewer). So my conclusion was that a 64gb card formatted to FAT32 seems to cause problems when trying to play videos directly from the card, at least in my computer which uses Windows 7.

I recently formatted my 64gb card to FAT32 since using that same card with exFAT in the Panorama was causing problems in the camera. Since then, I've had the same issue as Chad but not only with Registrator Viewer. If I try to play a video directly from the memory card using VLC or Windows Media Player I get an error message. If I copy the video to the computer and then play it, it plays just fine in any video player (and Registrator Viewer). So my conclusion was that a 64gb card formatted to FAT32 seems to cause problems when trying to play videos directly from the card, at least in my computer which uses Windows 7.

From firmware v1.12.02 and up Panorama II can use exFat, no need formatting to Fat32. Try it out and see if issue will be solved for you.

Back