repair worn electrical connection

none

Reaction score
Country
United States
The electrical connectors on my 0803 dash cam has become worn such that it isn't receiving power from the base that attaches to the windshield. Does anybody have any idea of how to repair worn electrical connectors? Unfortunately attaching the power cable directly to the camera doesn't seem to work due the cable not being able to fit in-between the connector and the windshield. So I have to repair the silver colored fingers on the camera portion of the dashcam itself.

The electrical connectors on my 0803 dash cam has become worn such that it isn't receiving power from the base that attaches to the windshield. Does anybody have any idea of how to repair worn electrical connectors? Unfortunately attaching the power cable directly to the camera doesn't seem to work due the cable not being able to fit in-between the connector and the windshield. So I have to repair the silver colored fingers on the camera portion of the dashcam itself.
You can buy new bases if it is the base that has the problem.

Why do you think it is the silver bits that are the problem? Pictures?

Out of interest, how often do you disconnect it?

Its definitely not the base. Its the finger connectors on the camera that attaches into the base. Visually the connectors on the base look good. But the connectors on the camera show slight scratches down their center where the base electrical connectors rub across. Its only slightly worn down, but the camera is not turning on when the car is started indicating that its not getting power from the base. Sometimes if you wiggle the camera while connected to the base while the car is on it will turn on indicating an electrical connection problem. I must have only connected and disconnected the camera about 13 times before. Attached is a picture showing the scratches on the connectors.

Attachments

• campic.png
    campic.png
    194.2 KB · Views: 72
Looks like the plastic has part melted?...

Maybe an image of the base too?

Have you tried cleaning them? I think they may have a non-conductive deposit on the surface...

Looks like the plastic has part melted?...

Maybe an image of the base too?

Have you tried cleaning them? I think they may have a non-conductive deposit on the surface...
does look warped and melted. looks like something else going on. if it overheated and melted the plastic.. the wires under the connecting pads could be damaged too.

if it really is the pins not touching the pads you could take apart your gps and push the pins down further. another option is to grab some solder and tin the electrical pads a bit.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Mini 0803 13