SG9665GC hangs on welcome screen

kotec

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Hi,
I'm using SG9665GC V2 from October 2016 (from Niko on Amazon) - but week ago it starts to hang on welcome screen (with streetguardian logo) at each turn on attempt and never starts recording (last recordings I found on sdcard was from last sunday).
Powered with original cigar adapter, also I tried two another usb chargers (at home) with no success.
I also tried to update to actual firmare - process of update looked good (rec led flashing during update) - but after reboot it still hangs on welcome screen.

Is this some kind of electronic parts wear and dashcam is dead, or is possible to fix it somehow ?

Thanks

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180429_110343a.jpg
    MVIMG_20180429_110343a.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 15
Without sd card same result

What happens when you eject memory card, power on dvr, after it boots up push "reset" button on the right side of the unit?
Without sd card same result

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Check memory card for errors with this software:

http://bit.ly/MemoryCardTest

Mem card check result seems OK:
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 19.9 MByte/s
Reading speed: 31.7 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

What happens when you eject memory card, power on dvr, after it boots up push "reset" button on the right side of the unit?

After push "reset" button - the mic led goes off (while power led is on), display also goes off. Then plays bell sound and display (also mic led) swich on - with streetguardian logo on display - and nothing else.

And two observations:
1) From buttons on top only power button reacts - can power on/off unit
2) After disconnect from usb power - the power led lights for about 10 seconds and then slowly dimming

can you try reloading the firmware again

Flashed this firmware
date: 2017-11-03
ver: SG20171103.V3 (Update 5) suits SG9665GC V2 and SG9665GC V3 cameras .
(while updating the rec led blinks slowly about 5s, then blinks quicky for 5s, then reboots)

Result is same still hangs on welcome screen.

I am away for few days. E-mail me (support@hiniko.com) with your amazon order number, fault description etc. When I'll be back I will look after you with some sort of solution.

You are using the supplied power cable?
Yes, whole time in my car only with original cigarette usb cable adapter. Also tested with maybe 5 different usb cables and wall usb charges I found at my office.

I am away for few days. E-mail me (support@hiniko.com) with your amazon order number, fault description etc. When I'll be back I will look after you with some sort of solution.

Ok, many thanks

You are using the supplied power cable?
Yes, whole time in my car only with original cigarette usb cable adapter. Also tested with maybe 5 different usb cables and wall usb charges I found at my office.
No problem, just something we need to confirm, I've spoken with @niko about it already, he will sort it out for you

What was the resolve for this? I got the same problem.

If it hangs at boot it is most often a memory card problem
If I take the memory card out should it boot?

I just tried another card and also tried without a card, exact same as Kotec Post #4. Symptoms are exactly as per Kotec in posts #1, #5 and #9.

Last edited:
Back