SG9665GC License Plate Capture (high speed, two-way traffic)

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
Last edited:
Allso show i am a good guy when it come to speed :D on that short drive yesterday to gather footage i ran into the ATC ( Automatin Traffic Control or moneymakers as they are allso know by ppl with a lead foot ) cars 2 times.

I allso tried the motorway with 112 and 130 km/h speeds, but due to the "low" light and the +1 lane wide divider i was not able to get any good captures out there.
It was close, so i will retest when the sun get a little brighter and not least higher on the sky, thankfully today is the first day of spring so things are moving in the right direction.

The SG9665GC do allright in lower light too, but you allso have to slow down to town speed ( 50 km/h ) or slower.
I grabbed this today on my way out of town, my speed is not that high as you can see, the oncomming cars is also slow at a estimated 50 km/h on a 60 km/h road.
When i came out on the 80 km/h roads some minutes later the 9665 was not able to grab any plates in this ammount of light, it was close, but not right there.

Clearly the low light performance is the #1 challenge for any dashcam, cuz its not like it was dark when i recorded this, but dark enuff for current generation tech.
Today the sun came up 6:58 and it sets at 18:03 but offcourse with the clouds that matter little.

Last edited:
Just dont ask me why the footage is a little jerky around 1:08 and the black Seat ???

Just dont ask me why the footage is a little jerky around 1:08 and the black Seat ???

sounds like you need the EVA foam pad on the mount, I can hear the rattle on the mount in the audio which suggests it's a bit loose

Ops forgot to kill the sound :rolleyes: yeah i still havent put on the foam pad, will do that on Sunday or Monday when we go for a drive with the little RC trucks.
The camera sit up so high its allmost impossible to get it on and off the mount, so if i added the foam pad i have feared i would just ruin it in no time.
But i will lower the camera 10 mm on the windscreen, and then everything should be okay.
I assume you want to put on a enticing soundtrack anyway :) a little sweet sounds to lure the ppl in too.

Will UL the raw 3 minute file in a fjew seconds.

they do go better with a soundtrack although hard to do without copyright problems or having to have ads on YouTube, I prefer to keep the stuff on our page ad free

On the tube yeah, but i was thinking for use on a EXPO or somthing.

I will make a new recording whan i get the cam lowered and the pad installed, but i will have to sing for you otherwise youtube just trow a fit if i have my radio going in the background.

Be warned i am a far better drummer than i am singer :D

On the tube yeah, but i was thinking for use on a EXPO or somthing.

for trade shows the volume doesn't much matter as it's hard to hear anything anyway

Be warned i am a far better drummer than i am singer :D

trust me, my own recordings tell me we need an autotune function to clear up dodgy singing ;)

...we need an autotune function to clear up dodgy singing ;)
If you ever implement that function and want to stress test it to the extreme let me know. I'm the only person I know that can screw up a song that only has 1 note. :eek::D

Just grabbed pics off my x cam for compare, the x have a setting of 60 degree FOV and 1080/60 and i issue where it only display 1 in 8 frames without blocking.
Still the plates off the x came seem a little clearer, but then the footage look "grainy" when you zoom in on it compared to the SG9665GC.
But push 2 shove they both capture plates good in the conditions, i have grabbed all pics where plates on oncomming car looked best.

sglowtown1.jpg

xlowtown1.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sglowtown2.jpg

xlowtown2.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sglowtown3.jpg

xlowtown3.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sglowtown4.jpg

xlowtown4.jpg

sglowtown5.jpg

xlowtown5.jpg

Back