Sharpness Question

first i edited the 1.2.0 firmware bumped 1080 30fps to 35mbps, then used the noisereduction script
Code:
t ia2 -adj tidx -1 1024 -1

nothing big yet :p

but yeah, i noticed big difference from before

looks soft and softer still in the background and exactly why I sent mi yi back...

I m sure yi coated the lens with this stuff.... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Untitledcccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc.png

I have problem... what I need to do to stack this two scripts in one autoexec.ash file ??? When I edit it in notepad++ and put into one file the 1080(30fps) and 1080(60fps) don't have 30 MB/s :(

Can any one help??

There is a script:

writew 0xC05C3932 0x41C8
writew 0xC05C38A2 0x41F0

and this i can't add...

I NEED TO CREATE ONE WORKING FILE AUTOEXEC.ASH FROM THIS TWO SCRIPTS :D

This scripts from funnel github channel :D

Last edited:
i saw someone noting, that writew blocks test commands ... (iirc)

use modded FW for bitrate and then you can use test commands in scripts :D

Grr I have Z22L so noone did custom firmware with higher bitrate !!!! ;///

I will be grateful if you can verify this FW... can you told me (when you verify) what is the changes? :) I hope it's will be bitrate for 1080p30fps and 60fps....

first i edited the 1.2.0 firmware bumped 1080 30fps to 35mbps, then used the noisereduction script
Code:

nothing big yet :p

but yeah, i noticed big difference from before

I tested with your setting in both firmware and script. It helps read highway signs from distance although edge definition is still better with 2K at 30 Mbpsas expected. Couldn't wait to have resolution hacked with custom firmware so we can have both custom resolution and noise reduction/sharpness settings.

My video seems a little too dark than it should be. is there a way change it via firmware, i.e. +1 EV like you can do with a camera?

So i did a bunch of tests with the modded 1.2 z22 firmware with default and denoise 4096. Recording at all framerates&high, and using mpc to grab uncompressed png images.
In every single one its much sharper without denoise then with it activated? and the denoise screengrabs end up being much smaller (3,0 instead of 4.2MB on 1080p24).

1080p24 is sharper then 1080p60. But i expected as much considering I'm indoors and the sun has gone down. Though this means the lighting conditions were exactly the same during the tests.

Pictures on my gdrive.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9VXikUtJ95FSDVRZ0JwS1FGLVE

This is the firmware file im using.
Hello, I just made the custom 1.2.0 firmware for the Z22 version of the Yi Cam :
https://mega.co.nz/#!dJ5kXAAB!WQG6AkscSLzB_gXOJR5Xk9ImwIdVL6WeGKe8TU5x21s
Excel table resolutions:
https://mega.co.nz/#!1Y5QHIhL!NdZlN4pKHfJsIUI4n1DBR6ZinXuRlLeoKbj78APgb5A

And the autoexec

rm \DCIM\100MEDIA\*thm.mp4
#denoise 4096
t ia2 -adj tidx -1 4096 -1

So i did a bunch of tests with the modded 1.2 z22 firmware with default and denoise 4096. Recording at all framerates&high, and using mpc to grab uncompressed png images.
In every single one its much sharper without denoise then with it activated? and the denoise screengrabs end up being much smaller (3,0 instead of 4.2MB on 1080p24).

1080p24 is sharper then 1080p60. But i expected as much considering I'm indoors and the sun has gone down. Though this means the lighting conditions were exactly the same during the tests.

Pictures on my gdrive.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9VXikUtJ95FSDVRZ0JwS1FGLVE

This is the firmware file im using.

And the autoexec

rm \DCIM\100MEDIA\*thm.mp4
#denoise 4096
t ia2 -adj tidx -1 4096 -1

4096 is high compared to the 1500 and 500 that I've seen some people trying. Is 4096 as low as you have gone? I thought the lower numbers gave a sharper picture, but more noise in low-light?

Just reran the 1080p24 test. With denoise = 1024 / no autoexec i can see absolutley no differance between the images.
And the file size only varies with ~50 kilobyte, instead of a full megabyte. Still the one without denoise that is larger.

I checked your photos and found that an ISO values from exif are around 150. The 1.2 firmware do not apply any denoise on videos and photos with a low ISO and you probably added some due to the 1024-4096 parameter.

Back