Smallest Ambarella Car DVR a.k.a. Mini 0801

Re: Smallest Ambarella Car DVR

We must stop the comparison between CX4 and A8. CX4 have display, is a little bigger and the specs, are much much better than A8. When you are searching for CX4 just look at the mount system to be sure the cameras you will see is not A8.
This scenario would make this dvr a burning star of the month...
The best scenario is quickly jokiin insert some A7 chipset in it and start selling the... JX7. ;)

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
The best scenario is quickly jokiin insert some A7 chipset in it and start selling the... JX7. ;)

enjoy,
Mtz

The A7 is going to allow smaller form factor, more simple 4 layer PC board, lower power consumption and less heat, on board memory etc

Mtz said:
We must stop the comparison between CX4 and A8. CX4 have display, is a little bigger and the specs, are much much better than A8. When you are searching for CX4 just look at the mount system to be sure the cameras you will see is not A8.

enjoy,
Mtz

Sorry my bad.
Assuming ProCam came first and made their own and better version of A8 this model is called "CX4" - then came the China version witch is called "A8/HD009". It is just confusing me that i found the replica before the original ;)

jokiin said:
I don't see the A2 disappearing anytime soon

...But support and development of firmware will?

I think the A2 is mature enough and I don't see a reason to still have bugs. The only problem I see is the company which is creating the camera if can use the most updated Ambarella firmware and a good implementation with components.

enjoy,
Mtz

sudo said:
Sorry my bad.
Assuming ProCam came first and made their own and better version of A8 this model is called "CX4" - then came the China version witch is called "A8/HD009". It is just confusing me that i found the replica before the original ;)

no, you just found a company marketing a version of this before you know of it being made, guess their marketing works ;)

Calling it "A8" like the others is misleading - but yes it has been seen before..

A2S60 is the latest and greatest now?

I wonder how good the lens and sensor are.

>> - big CMOS sensor 1.25" (I am not sure if true)
1/2.5 more likely, which is a standard P&S sensor size (still much better then 1/4")

In almost all dashcams description I saw 1/4". I remember Itronics ITB-100HD having some 1.27" sensor and its image is so good.

I hope the sellers will find a name for this camera and even CX4 can be enough for it to keep some connection with the russian dashcam.
A stupid name like "Smallest Ambarella Car DVR" should be avoided.

enjoy,
Mtz

Jedd said:
A2S60 is the latest and greatest now?

I wonder how good the lens and sensor are.

>> - big CMOS sensor 1.25" (I am not sure if true)
1/2.5 more likely, which is a standard P&S sensor size (still much better then 1/4")

It all depends various factors in design, internal components and firmware development. A2S70 is what i believe to be top of the line. It has 6 years in development so it must be stable in using in a dashcam.

And 6 years of old technology which is very much for what is happening in the tech world.
But most important is the result, the quality of the recording and the stability.

enjoy,
Mtz

so what's happening with this model? I can't find it anywhere.

I am afraid that only the expensive one is left.
The cheap one is gone even before any feedback of its quality has been given - not a good sign (i am thinking a fraud seller but i could be wrong)

sudo said:
The cheap one is gone even before any feedback of its quality has been given - not a good sign (i am thinking a fraud seller but i could be wrong)

that price suggests that they have no stock, they put the price up to some crazy level to stop people buying but keep their ad in place and then drop it back down once they have stock

I'm going to have a look at this chassis and see if it can work with our GS1000 solution without too much trouble, may consider to do a version of this if it's workable as the form factor is good, would work with the A7 solution due to much smaller main boards that are possible with this new chipset but that's still a bit away at this stage

jokiin said:
sudo said:

that price suggests that they have no stock, they put the price up to some crazy level to stop people buying but keep their ad in place and then drop it back down once they have stock

I'm going to have a look at this chassis and see if it can work with our GS1000 solution without too much trouble, may consider to do a version of this if it's workable as the form factor is good, would work with the A7 solution due to much smaller main boards that are possible with this new chipset but that's still a bit away at this stage

Sounds very interesting.
And yes i was wrong... the cheap one is back in stock already :shock:

sudo said:
Sounds very interesting.
And yes i was wrong... the cheap one is back in stock already :shock:

I couldn't do one quite that cheap although I'm not too concerned about competing on price, I'd prefer to just make a better product

jokiin said:
I couldn't do one quite that cheap although I'm not too concerned about competing on price, I'd prefer to just make a better product

I have yet to buy a dashcam and i am convinced that, thanks to this forum, that the A7 chip will bring a better first time experience :geek:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pavlov Mini 0801 16
Back