Still makes sense to buy V119V3

batman_

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been torn down between choosing dashcams. I am not planning to add parkin mode in dashcams and looking one that works great during driving. I have a 2012 LS460, and I am adding two separate dashcams on front and back. For the front I have tapped power from rain sensor/mirror for rear I need to tap from trunk fusebox.
That being said, what dashcam combo is recommended? I see the v119v3 being recommended a lot on this forum, but they have also had a new release with v119 mini 2. So, add v119mini2+v119v3? I also only see modded firmware support for 119v3, is the community big or is it kind of so popular that many started working on it?

What is suggestion about adding Garmin 67w+Garmin57?

Some of yt vids on comparing image quality between them seems unappealing for the price Garmin is demanding.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

looks like I cant edit, its A119V3 by VIFIO brand.

A119 Mini 2 for the front and A119v3 for the rear sounds good. The Mini 2 is a new release and Viofo is working with testers on this forum to improve it. The main issues thus far are audio quality and bitrate. With the Garmin 67W's claimed 180° field of view it will be hard to capture license plates in many situations. I prefer the 57 among the Garmin range. Good luck.

The A119 V3 is still a great camera and one of the best values for the money available in a dash cam today. Not only that but in the last few weeks it has appeared several times in "Todays Deals" on Amazon for $79.95 - a true bargain. It may well happen again soon at that price if you check in on Amazon daily for a while.

My 2 v3's are still performing perfectly with the oldest one being about 4 years old now.

I will be keeping them for at least the length I keep this car (Sep 2026) because I like being able to use a 2 wire hardwire kit. I haven't seen any 2 wire USB-C kits yet and I don't want to wire in any permanently live circuits. When I turn the car off the dash cam power is fully off.

This assumes the Volvo Mini will work from a 2 wire kit.

Any opinions on waiting for the mini2? Appears to be still on testing stage and don't want be the guinea pig with say substandard hardware.

Once upon a time I tested the LS430W and I remember the delight of using it, but it was a friend's DVR and I had to return it after the tests. I was looking for where to buy one, but then LS460W appeared, and I bought one for myself. However, I did not get such delight as from the image quality of the 430. I've had a lot of dashcams since then, including on tests, but my favorite now is Viofo A119V3, and it reminds me of the feelings when I used DOD LS430W. :)
I recommend Viofo, but first I would take A119 V3, use it, really see its capabilities, and a little later A119 mini 2, when it will get rid of childhood diseases (if suddenly they will be).

Once upon a time I tested the LS430W and I remember the delight of using it, but it was a friend's DVR and I had to return it after the tests. I was looking for where to buy one, but then LS460W appeared, and I bought one for myself. However, I did not get such delight as from the image quality of the 430. I've had a lot of dashcams since then, including on tests, but my favorite now is Viofo A119V3, and it reminds me of the feelings when I used DOD LS430W. :)
I recommend Viofo, but first I would take A119 V3, use it, really see its capabilities, and a little later A119 mini 2, when it will get rid of childhood diseases (if suddenly they will be).
I can't get my head around it. A lot of reviews, comments on yt/social media keeps chiming the same model as beginner recommendation, yet there were poor reviews on a119 mini compared to a119.v3. I think a119 v3 is their golden goose.

If anyone is interested and sees this post in time, the A119 V3 is once again being offered on Amazon for $79.90 (20% off) as of right now. Don't know how long the deal will last. If you want the camera and you miss it, keep your eye on the page as they've been offering this deal about every three weeks for a while now. Best quality camera for the price and best value for the money on the market, hands down!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07SRQH4R7

Totally agree with Dashmellow there. For those who are interested in the WM1 Amazon is having a flash sale for $79.99. Again, it may be over by the time you read this, but it will come round again in 3-4 weeks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0BYRX6PN9

The WM1 is on lightning deal almost every other week. It doesn't have the same pedigree as a119v3. If I were, probably I would catch the a119 mini 2 for around 110-120 instead.

They do sell thru AliExpress where you can stack some coupons. it may be worth $30 premium over a119v3.

If anyone is interested and sees this post in time, the A119 V3 is once again being offered on Amazon for $79.90 (20% off) as of right now. Don't know how long the deal will last. If you want the camera and you miss it, keep your eye on the page as they've been offering this deal about every three weeks for a while now. Best quality camera for the price and best value for the money on the market, hands down!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07SRQH4R7
They do sell thru Walmart for $86 most days

VIOFO 2K Dash Cam 2560x1440P Quad HD+ Car Dash Camera, Ultra Clear Night Vision, GPS Included, Buffered Parking Mode, True HDR, A119 V3 https://www.walmart.com/ip/332255971

I'd still rather pay $79.90. For me $86 bucks would be like paying more than the standard sales tax on $79.90 and I'm not a fan of shopping at Walmart online. :)

Last edited:
I'd still rather pay $79.90. For me $86 bucks would be like paying more than the standard sales tax on $79.90 and I'm not a fan of shopping at Walmart online. :)

why that over a119mini2? I live in central Texas, and it seems like most dashcams will survive probably like two or three years. I really wanted the a139pro but given that it would be prolly in die in two or three years, I am treating this as a consumable.

why that over a119mini2?

This is a thread about the merits of purchasing an A119 V3 which at $79.90 is an outstanding value considering the 2K Starvis image quality and the well documented reliability.

I've owned two of them for well over three years and they've endured all kinds of extreme temperatures, both hot and cold along with a lot of shocks and vibrations without a single hiccup. There is no indication that they don't have a lot of life left in them.

The A119 Mini 2 appears to be an excellent camera that basically offers better dynamic range and slightly better low light performance than the already excellent V3 but is otherwise not all that different and so far it is unproven in terms of reliability as it hasn't been around long enough.

The A119 Mini 2 also happens to retail for $149.95 but is currently available for $129.99, so you're comparing apples to oranges here in terms of price and value. With the Mini 2 you are paying a huge premium for the extra performance in a very similar camera. If I were shopping for an upgrade or newer camera I would probably go with the Mini 2 but nobody is going to go wrong buying a V3 for 80 bucks. It punches well above its weight for a so called entry level camera.

That's why!

Last edited:
I have been torn down between choosing dashcams.
My contact from Viofo sent me an email last night informing me the A119 Mini 2 will be available for purchase on Amazon US at the end of the month, or the first week of July.
It will be $130 with free 2-day shipping, and most importantly Amazon’s 30-day free return policy.
With any luck they might even have a promotion for a free $15 CPL Filter, and free $33 64GB Viofo Brand SD Card just like they did for the WM1 release.
So continue being torn, and hurry up & wait. lol
-Chuck

My contact from Viofo sent me an email last night informing me the A119 Mini 2 will be available for purchase on Amazon US at the end of the month, or the first week of July.
It will be $130 with free 2-day shipping, and most importantly Amazon’s 30-day free return policy.
With any luck they might even have a promotion for a free $15 CPL Filter, and free $33 64GB Viofo Brand SD Card just like they did for the WM1 release.
So continue being torn, and hurry up & wait. lol
-Chuck

Like both SD card and CPL? I can get Mini2+CPL for $110 at AliExpress today. I want a main camera and small camera for rear both 1CH. I am trying a119v3 for now and it's been good but I alright in spending a few more , if they have better sensor. For me the debate is between a119mini2 reliability versus a139pro. Given that they both have only 12/18 month warranty, I'm not counting beyond that.

I'm thinking should I just get the mini2+WM1 instead. But as you said so in reviews, it would be better if they workout the low mic volume.

AliExpress
Riddle me this? lol
The whole point of waiting for Amazon US to stock the A119 Mini 2 is;
1.) Two Day Shipping
2.) Hassle Free 30-day return policy.
Every other retailer is going to ship directly from the factory in Hong Kong, (10-15 day delivery).
If the camera is defective, or does not meet your expectations you will have to pay the return shipping back to Hong Kong.
That will be cost prohibitive, and time consuming.

During the WM1 release promotion on Amazon US the CPL Filter was included free with the camera.
However, to get the free 64GB Viofo Brand SD Card you had to log into the Viofo Support Website, and enter your Amazon US order number.
I guess they want to “teach” people how to register on their tech support website.
And the SD Card will be shipped from Hong Kong, (10-15 day delivery).

The Low Audio Volume Level of the Mini 2 has been fixed as of this morning.

You will be underwhelmed with the WM1;
1.) No STARVIS 2 IMX675
2.) No HDR
3.) No 60fps Option
4.) No 5GHz Wi-Fi (painfully slow video downloads to smartphone).
When the “Gen 2” WM1 comes out, and adds all these things it will be a class leader.
Watch out Garmin Mini 2.
Or you can wait for the A229 Pro in October, (source: Mtz).
What else you got? lol

Riddle me this? lol
The whole point of waiting for Amazon US to stock the A119 Mini 2 is;
1.) Two Day Shipping
2.) Hassle Free 30-day return policy.
Every other retailer is going to ship directly from the factory in Hong Kong, (10-15 day delivery).
If the camera is defective, or does not meet your expectations you will have to pay the return shipping back to Hong Kong.
That will be cost prohibitive, and time consuming.

During the WM1 release promotion on Amazon US the CPL Filter was included free with the camera.
However, to get the free 64GB Viofo Brand SD Card you had to log into the Viofo Support Website, and enter your Amazon US order number.
I guess they want to “teach” people how to register on their tech support website.
And the SD Card will be shipped from Hong Kong, (10-15 day delivery).

The Low Audio Volume Level of the Mini 2 has been fixed as of this morning.

You will be underwhelmed with the WM1;
1.) No STARVIS 2 IMX675
2.) No HDR
3.) No 60fps Option
4.) No 5GHz Wi-Fi (painfully slow video downloads to smartphone).
When the “Gen 2” WM1 comes out, and adds all these things it will be a class leader.
Watch out Garmin Mini 2.
Or you can wait for the A229 Pro in October, (source: Mtz).
What else you got? lol

Agreed. For rear dashcam I would like something small thats 1CH. What would you recommend? Is the mini 2 relatively better than WM1? Assume price be the same. As eBay has Mini 2 for 89

I would definitely go for the Mini 2 over the WM1. At $89 dollars I would grab it before it gets away, assuming the offer is legit.

Compared to the Mini 2 or the V3, the WM1 really is an entry level cam.

Back