Soooo...... how many more hours/days/weeks/months are we looking at now Rick?

And then roughly how long before the local distributors will have them in stock for sale?

Awesomeness [emoji106] not long now then

@ryanprins thank you for your reply. please do share the footage you have.

Here it is. Theres one more i could try later on as well that was pretty bad but its a longer video, not sure if i have enough space on my phone. [emoji14]
You can see by the quality why i am waiting for this camera, lol.
I think i mentioned before that all my really close calls were before i got the cameras, nothing insane has happened since... :/ except twice. One was what i mentioned with the camera falling off the mount and being off for 2 days, the other was in my other car with a different camera and what happened got lost in a 3 or 4 second gap between files :(

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Nice video, good to see the car license number from rear at the first traffic lights.
Nice street with so many lights on buildings, I guess there is some local law which tell to owners to mount such lights on their buildings.

enjoy,
Mtz

yes, the lights on the buildings definitely look pretty, but they make me think about light pollution and dark sky ordinances. my dad lives in rural Colorado, and i think his entire county has rules that say exterior lights cannot be more than a certain amount of lumens, and must be off by 10pm.

and going outside at night, it's totally worth it - you don't even have to squint to find the milky way... and it's actually difficult to make out some constellations because there are SO MANY stars visible! last time i visited, i left my telescope there. it's worthless with all the light pollution in Houston, but truly amazing in colorado.

alexsoll - Do you have rear window tinting? And if so, do you know what percent light transmittance?
Just trying to get an idea of how night time footage will look on mine (I have 20% tint on the rear window).
Thanks!

alexsoll - Do you have rear window tinting? And if so, do you know what percent light transmittance?
Just trying to get an idea of how night time footage will look on mine (I have 20% tint on the rear window).
Thanks!

I don't think he has tint, rear cam will perform like the GC, @DT MI has posted samples previously of GC behind tinted rear glass that might give you an idea of what to expect

@Gibson99
I've had the "joy" of watching my town grow up with me for over 50 years. Light pollution is now in a race with smog starting about 25 years ago and both are going as fast as they can. We used to remark about the coal smoke from heating in the winter but it was nothing compared to this. Hardly any coal furnaces now and every car is supposedly polluting less by a wide margin yet you still can't see 100 stars at night with your eyes (even young people's eyes) :oops: Something is very wrong about this but I'm sure this is becoming the norm everywhere :cry:

Phil

Any idea when the DC will come to Amazon UK? Though I may wait a bit until the hardwire kit comes out (next month?)

Hello

I ordered and am waiting for the SG9663DC from @Street Guardian USA, he is a great guy

Does anyone know if this will capture video in the dark? Or do I need some additional software, hardware, or modifications?

Yes, my car has halogen (older car) headlights, but I am not sure if any modifications are needed to use the camera at night time

Pardon the stupidity on my part, I am new to this technology.

Thank you

Hello

I ordered and am waiting for the SG9663DC from @Street Guardian USA, he is a great guy

Does anyone know if this will capture video in the dark? Or do I need some additional software, hardware, or modifications?

Yes, my car has halogen (older car) headlights, but I am not sure if any modifications are needed to use the camera at night time

Pardon the stupidity on my part, I am new to this technology.

Thank you
No mods required to use at night. Just check out the various videos that @alexsoll has been posting in this thread.

Don't forget to turn on your headlights at night though ;)

Back