Street Storm CVR-A7810-G, FoxOffer SZDome G90 / G98 and A7 / OV4689 clones

Ha thank-you - I just found a load more too :)

Firmware 3.0 on the Street Storm looks promising!

Last edited:
The day video looks good even after time in the sun - I've noticed the GT680W seems to have softer focus dependant on heat - from what I'm reading it's a trait of the AR0330 sensor.

I've never ordered from Russia before but tempted to give one of these a go as so far all the videos have looked good :)

Well thanks to @billknow I have a G90 on the way to the UK which is the A7LA30D with the OV4689 sensor so I will get some videos up of that to compare to these but it will be good to directly compare to the GT680W Novatek and Aptina platform. Exciting times :)

Is this the worst promotion video ever ? to me the driving seem very dangerous, and i see a 60 km /h speedlimit where the car goes at 130 km/h ??

I wouldent sell my product ( if i had one ) this way thats for sure :p

Well thanks to @billknow I have a G90 on the way to the UK which is the A7LA30D with the OV4689 sensor so I will get some videos up of that to compare to these but it will be good to directly compare to the GT680W Novatek and Aptina platform. Exciting times :)

What will you be comparing the G90 against?

I'll be comparing against the GT680W and also a DOD LS430W clone when that arrives later this week.

The G90 has landed now thank-you @billknow so I will start testing when I finish work today.

Here's a quick sample I've just managed to get:

And the raw file:
https://mega.co.nz/#!cMkAzKKY!dBI4kJpJTnVxeX9xX5vEq2QZQ7Q9RdPAPVFHv8Vtpbk

It looks like there is some chroma noise due to the HDR effect - I'll get my car back from the garage later and then I can do the side by sides etc and some proper testing :)

WTF ??? a roundabout with light signals, thats a new one for me :D

I'll be comparing against the GT680W and also a DOD LS430W clone when that arrives later this week.

The G90 has landed now thank-you @billknow so I will start testing when I finish work today.

Here's a quick sample I've just managed to get:

And the raw file:
https://mega.co.nz/#!cMkAzKKY!dBI4kJpJTnVxeX9xX5vEq2QZQ7Q9RdPAPVFHv8Vtpbk

It looks like there is some chroma noise due to the HDR effect - I'll get my car back from the garage later and then I can do the side by sides etc and some proper testing :)

Thanks
So the HDR is on by default all the time?

I downloaded RAW file and video quality is not good.
License plate of the SUV at the first stop is fuzzy so is the Wonderdog truck's writings.
Light poles are also not sharp. May be due to HDR but everything is fuzzy, no sharp borders.
If it's like this in day time, night could be bad.

The HDR can be toggled on or off in the settings - I have tried with it off and the quality in the daytime is better in terms of sharpness - I'll pop a link up shortly to show the difference.

Last edited:
I was doing some reading on the Russian forums last night and noticed that some users are reporting problems with the Street Storm when they have GPS, HDR and other functions on - they're saying potentially it's because the A7 chip is doing too much work and can't keep up.

Whether that's true or whether it's just a problem with the GPS chip I don't think it's been exactly clarified yet but sounds like they're getting through quite a few iterations of firmware!

Just caught up with the thread here - http://videoregforum.ru/threads/street-storm-cvr-a7810-g-full-hd-60fps-a7la70d.1143/page-23

Sounds like they also have an A7LA30 device coming - the CVR-7310 - from what I can interpret of the translation that's using a 4 glass lens instead of 6 in the higher end one.

People still having issues with GPS and HDR - the developer is saying that even on the A7LA70d they're doing HDR in software so the processor is pretty busy and that's causing their GPS problems.

The firmware on there looks very similar to the Samoon device I had.

Its not because of A7 can not handle ( it can ). Its because A7 firmware is not fully explored/polished yet and in majority of dashcams it has bugs. Its common at this stage.

Ah sorry I realise that - I was more meaning that in the G90 on the A7LA30 they're doing HDR in full software as the CPU doesn't support it natively - but in that thread the developer on the A7LA70d is still doing it in software - I'd just expected them to be doing it differently on the 70.

If they just change the processor and use the PCB then they'd still be limited to doing it in software rather than using the companion chipset for processing, obviously cheaper for them this way

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B G90 44
Back