Thinner cable

Dmsagmi

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone tried to use a thinner/flatter mini usb cable for rear camera? Don’t really want to cut anything, unless I absolutely have to.

With the rear camera so finicky, I just don’t know…..

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I think that is unlikely to produce a good result, there will be good reasons for the thickness of cable chosen.
Not tried it though...

Anyone tried to use a thinner/flatter mini usb cable for rear camera? Don’t really want to cut anything, unless I absolutely have to.

With the rear camera so finicky, I just don’t know…..

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Hello, the design is a bit thicker due to the wires inside including the one for the radar sensor.

Since I have your attention. Can you tell me how long the battery supposed to last in radar mode? I have the THINKWARE iVolt xtra.
When I performed my power consumption testing, I found the radar parking mode draws 0.2W (while waiting for detectable objects). That will allow the Thinkware iVolt Xtra BAB-95 to power the U3000 2-channel unit for up to 20 days. If there are a lot of objects detected by the radar (front or rear), the power draw increases while it records the video and it stays "awake" for up to 60 seconds after the triggering event. Here is my power consumption info for the U3000. The 96 Wh column in the parking mode time estimates is the column to look at for the Thinkware iVolt Xtra.

1708732306816.png1708732335823.png

Thanks! I saw your second table after I posted the question to THINKWARE rep. I’ve been getting 100% down to 5% in three days, in my garage….. I don’t think there’s much motions to be detected, certainly not as much as if I would to if I were parked on the street.

That being said, I am also using the battery to power a usb modem as the connection to the internet. I may just pull that next day or two, and see if I get any improvements.

Here's the guide when using Radar with energy-saving mode View attachment 70985

You may try to visit this link for more information https://mondosystemhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/21305282643859-RADAR-Parking-Mode
There is no way I am getting 960 hours…. I can barely get through 3 days in radar mode. Just now I have 23% on my iVolt xtra, I switched to motion detection mode, within 5 mins, it switched me to ultra power saving mode.

Not sure it’s a setting issue, battery issue, or something else entirely?

Any thoughts?

There is no way I am getting 960 hours…. I can barely get through 3 days in radar mode. Just now I have 23% on my iVolt xtra, I switched to motion detection mode, within 5 mins, it switched me to ultra power saving mode.

Not sure it’s a setting issue, battery issue, or something else entirely?

Any thoughts?
Based on my power consumption testing for the U3000 2CH in the various parking modes that it offers, the radar parking mode only consumes 0.2 Watts of power while it's in radar parking mode with no detectable moving objects. When the U3000 front or rear radar detects a moving object, it awakens the U3000 and it will create 20 second video files. The U3000 will "stay awake" for up to an additional 60 seconds when the radar stops detecting moving objects. The U3000 2CH consumes 3.77 Watts of power while it's recording and/or during the "stay awake" time period.

The mixture of time the U3000 is in "radar parking mode - no moving objects detected" and "radar parking mode - moving objects detected" will determine the total run time when powered by the iVolt Xtra battery pack. In my previous post with the parking mode time estimates, the U3000 2CH will potentially last 20 days (480 hours) with near zero radar detected motion events. If the U3000 2CH radar feature is keeping the U3000 awake almost all of the time, the longest it could last on the iVolt Xtra is approx 25.5 hours.

You may want to review the settings in the U3000 related to whether it's connected to an external battery pack. In the "Record Settings" section, make sure the "Use External Battery" is set to "Enabled" which turns off the low voltage cutoff monitoring and the "Off Timer" in the U3000 since it's being powered by the iVolt Xtra battery pack.

Based on my power consumption testing for the U3000 2CH in the various parking modes that it offers, the radar parking mode only consumes 0.2 Watts of power while it's in radar parking mode with no detectable moving objects. When the U3000 front or rear radar detects a moving object, it awakens the U3000 and it will create 20 second video files. The U3000 will "stay awake" for up to an additional 60 seconds when the radar stops detecting moving objects. The U3000 2CH consumes 3.77 Watts of power while it's recording and/or during the "stay awake" time period.

The mixture of time the U3000 is in "radar parking mode - no moving objects detected" and "radar parking mode - moving objects detected" will determine the total run time when powered by the iVolt Xtra battery pack. In my previous post with the parking mode time estimates, the U3000 2CH will potentially last 20 days (480 hours) with near zero radar detected motion events. If the U3000 2CH radar feature is keeping the U3000 awake almost all of the time, the longest it could last on the iVolt Xtra is approx 25.5 hours.

You may want to review the settings in the U3000 related to whether it's connected to an external battery pack. In the "Record Settings" section, make sure the "Use External Battery" is set to "Enabled" which turns off the low voltage cutoff monitoring and the "Off Timer" in the U3000 since it's being powered by the iVolt Xtra battery pack.
Thanks!
It’s just so weird/frustrating that it’ll switch to power saving mode very very quickly, which sort of defeats the purpose of connecting it to the internet, when it will not transmit footage or let you see the live view.
I will check my setting later today.

I just changed the settings. I also changed it to motion detection…. I got ~30 mins before it changed it back to ultra saving power mode…..

I just changed the settings. I also changed it to motion detection…. I got ~30 mins before it changed it back to ultra saving power mode…..
Thinkware U3000/Q1000 Smart Parking Mode Feature Description
  • Parking Mode: Motion Detection or Time-Lapse
    • Smart Parking Mode = Enabled
      • 1709339330405.png
      • Thermal Protection
        • Thermal Protection = Enabled
          • Temperature exceeds 65C/149F
            • U3000 enters a low power consumption state
            • Only impact events will trigger a 20 second video recording
          • Temperature drops to 55C/131F or below
            • The dash camera will resume motion detection or time-lapse parking mode
      • External Battery Saving = Enabled
        • The U3000 must be powered by a Thinkware iVolt Xtra BAB-95 battery pack and the battery pack monitoring cable is plugged into the U3000.
        • This feature allows the dash cam to automatically switch to Energy Saving parking mode and conserve power if the battery level falls below 20%.
    • Smart Parking Mode = Disabled
      • Temperature exceeds 65C/149F
        • U3000 enters low power consumption mode, but no recording occurs
      • Temperature drops to 55C/131F or below
        • The dash camera will resume motion detection or time-lapse parking mode
Based on your previous post when you stated your iVolt Xtra battery pack was at a 23% charge level, the 30 minutes of motion detection parking mode operations before it switched to energy saving parking sounds about right depending on the battery pack's charge level when it entered into motion detection parking mode. The U3000 consumes about 3.73 Watts in motion detection parking mode.

On fitting I pulled the cable through to the tailgate using another thin sacrificial cable. It took quite some pulling and lubrication to get it to go through, and I think I slightly damaged it in the process. If I move the cable a certain way the U3000 will continually announce the rear camera is disconnected and reconnected. I usually seem to be able to manage to get it to stop doing this to the extent I would not want to get another cable and fit it again.

Thanks mate. I ended up
1. Bought a whole bunch connectors from aliexpress.
2. Then read @Thinkware Dash Cam response. Saying that radar wire is imbedded, thats why it’s so thick
3. Drilled a tiny hole, so my panel can actually be clicked back in.

For my other problem, my installer is a ****ing dumb ass.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M U3000 0
Vortex Radar U3000 10
M U3000 11
Back
Top Bottom