Time Not Saving

firefighterdude

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 V3
Hello! I have a VIOFO A119 V3 with GPS. Recently, although I have attempted to correct the hour (for the time) through the settings, it reverts back to what was originally there. The time zone has been set to the appropriate time zone where I reside. Also, I have read in another thread here that I should try plugging it into an outlet to fully charge it (as I do not have it hardwired). I did that, and am still experiencing the issue. According to the firmware version screen I am operating on V2.6 . Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hello! I have a VIOFO A119 V3 with GPS. Recently, although I have attempted to correct the hour (for the time) through the settings, it reverts back to what was originally there. The time zone has been set to the appropriate time zone where I reside. Also, I have read in another thread here that I should try plugging it into an outlet to fully charge it (as I do not have it hardwired). I did that, and am still experiencing the issue. According to the firmware version screen I am operating on V2.6 . Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Have you tried resetting the A119 and also check with another new miniUSB cable that it's working

So sorry to hear that. Shall we know the complete firmware version of your camera? Except for the time setting, are there any other settings that cannot be kept? Does this happen occasionally or everytime after being turned off? It is better to set the time zone correctly and then let the GPS synchronize the time automatically instead of setting hours in the menu. Please turn off the camera and turn it on manually to confirm if the settings will be changed.

Try the firmware from here:
She helped some people.
If the time slips by only one hour, check that the time zone is set correctly: winter/summer time.

One thing I have noticed over the years of changing firmware and having to redo the settings is ...... after you've changed a setting, unless you come out of that setting the correct way it doesn't save it.

After I've redone mine I always roll round all of them to check they have 'stuck'

Back