U3000 in an EV

mkoo

Reaction score
Country
Finland
I'm consider the U3000 2CH due to good enough video quality and especially the low-consumption parking mode. Also I think I'd prefer the OBD II-connector to the traditional hardwiring.

But my question is about U3000's compatibility with electric cars; is there anything specific to take into account when installing this dashcam to an EV (compared to ICE vehicle)?
My assumption is that it's fully compatible and parking mode etc triggers without issues also in an EV, but I could be wrong.

I'm consider the U3000 2CH due to good enough video quality and especially the low-consumption parking mode. Also I think I'd prefer the OBD II-connector to the traditional hardwiring.

But my question is about U3000's compatibility with electric cars; is there anything specific to take into account when installing this dashcam to an EV (compared to ICE vehicle)?
My assumption is that it's fully compatible and parking mode etc triggers without issues also in an EV, but I could be wrong.
What make model and year of vehicle?

What make model and year of vehicle?

I'm interested generally in modern electric vehicles and if U3000 would have some some compatibility issues (especially regarding activating the parking mode, but could be other things as well). Not looking for feedback on specific vehicle model, but just for an example to mention a few: Hyundai Ioniq 6/5, Kia EV 6/9, VW ID7/5/4, Mach-E, EQE model year 2022-2024. But any feedback on any EV model is appreciated. All of them have the OBD II port anyway with the exception of Teslas.

No issues that I have ever seen to date and I own an EV. We work on EV all the time.

Back