U3000 rear camera RADAR does not work

This wasn't the cause of my Sept build unit that I could not get to work. Thinkware support was strangely silent. I had no choice but to uninstall and return the unit. I highly doubt this is the end of their rear camera radar problem.

This wasn't the cause of my Sept build unit that I could not get to work. Thinkware support was strangely silent. I had no choice but to uninstall and return the unit. I highly doubt this is the end of their rear camera radar problem.
I reworded the first sentence in my post to state this is one potential solution for this issue. It's something that should be checked when investigating why the U3000 rear camera radar feature is not working in your vehicle.

Thanks for the feedback on Zero support, thats good to know for any future customers.

Thanks for the feedback on Zero support, thats good to know for any future customers.

Well, I used the word "strangely" because from my experience, they answer email queries within 24hrs and are usually helpful. On this issue, they asked for pictures of my setup page and install--that was the last I heard from them. I followed up with email two more times to see if they had anything further to add. Nothing. I have to LOL at their "Following thorough investigation" when for me, they had no response. I feel like they are taking an easy out and no longer want to offer support on the problem. Heck, they did not even suggest making sure the USB cable is inserted fully--kind of odd if that is now their official solution. But I had been following this thread well before purchase and noted when rcg530 suggested to do this. Mind you, this is just my experience but it is also fairly recent, as I only returned the U3000 kit less than a week ago.

I reworded the first sentence in my post to state this is one potential solution for this issue. It's something that should be checked when investigating why the U3000 rear camera radar feature is not working in your vehicle.
I think it is solved.
I gave a lot of feedback to Thinkware recently on their support process. How they can do better a few weeks ago. The main problem with this whole scenario is this.

When you buy a microwave oven you plug it into the wall and it works. Very simple.

What happens when you don't plug it in? Well it does not work

Straight forward.

So as a manufacturer you grab a box open it up and test it randomly. Works 100% Well lets grab a different production date. Test it again , works 100%.

What are people talking about? So you ask people to send the product back. You plug it in on your bench and it works 100%. Not clueing in the simple plug it in all the way.

Rear camera not working is different from parking monitoring not working in radar mode.
For me the problem is latter i.e. the rear camera radar does not detect motion in parking mode as advertised by Thinkware. I spent $550 for this exact feature. My car is brand new and has all OEM parts in it.

I strongly believe my case is not isolated as so many people are still complaining about it.

Rear camera not working is different from parking monitoring not working in radar mode.
For me the problem is latter i.e. the rear camera radar does not detect motion in parking mode as advertised by Thinkware. I spent $550 for this exact feature. My car is brand new and has all OEM parts in it.

I strongly believe my case is not isolated as so many people are still complaining about it.
Push the rear camera plug harder for it to click the final couple of mm. The plug has a groove around the end, I only pushed the plug until the front camera announced the rear camera is connected, but in parking mode movement wasn't being detected. The plug wasn't fully engaged which powers up the radar it needed more force to fully engage it. Two pins in the plug are shorter and require that last couple of mm to connect.

Just for thought, I thought the back camera radar wasn't working and the camera wasn't recording. I kept checking the LEDs, which we're working, come to find out that they record simultaneously in parking mode. The rear camera footage can be found by using the camera flip button.... Duh, I thought.. but I think the UI is crappy for that. Lol

Back