Upgrade to 24 Hr Live Feed

JamieNYC

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,
I've currently got a Viofo 130 and it works well, but I would very much like to upgrade to a dash cam system that offers a 24 hour live feed. Cost is not a concern, but I've been disappointed in the results of researching this so far, perhaps there are some better options I haven't discovered yet…

Just want to add and clarify, what I'm looking for is a cloud based solution, similar to how I use a live feed doorbell, so I can view video live from my phone when I'm away from my car while it's parked and off.

You need to look at Blackvue and Thinkware cameras for cloud access, but be aware that the remotely accessed video will be at old analogue NTSC resolution, not something that allows for number plate reading, and even video recorded to card is not going to match your current Viofo.

Yeah i do think even fancy newfangled gadgets like nest door bells and what not other brands, the streaming quality will be pretty basic.
It also is on my home CCTV system, where the signal i see on my phone are pretty modest in bitrate, not that it in any way look like old school minecraft graphics, but it is quite low compared to what is stored on the NVR.
BUT ! fine enough for me to make decision to spring into action or not upon a notification, the bigger problem is will i overreact and if so how bad will it be for me,,,,,,, fully knowing that at least in the old days, high enough levels of insanity would prompt people to keep their damn mouth shut.
Though i would like to think i left those days far behind, and really it is not something i would like to return to.

Right now on PC / Phone
CCTVPC.jpg
CCTVTELE.jpg

I can change phone preview to HD and get 1 mbit streaming quality from my nas at home on a 100 mbit upload cable connection ( 1 gbit download )
But then i will have to change to my home wifi, as i dont think it would be so cool on the 4G connection of my phone, would eat more into my data plan for sure,,,,, if i used it much,,,, which i dont.

I dont think notifications in a dashcam would be so good, nor my home CCTV if it was any different, my + is i have a top down view, so nothing in the background that would set off the smart motion detect ( vehicle and human shapes )
A dashcam shoot level and so will have all kinds of things going on, so motion detect would be useless i think, for sure i would only use G-sensor based notifications if i was to get to there.

And i wont anytime soon, the kickstarter smart camera i am backing, just got pushed back again to October, so by then 10 months late if it release by then.
I wouldn't just stream to stream, that i think would drive me insane, just like the CCTV feed i just have that on the PC in another window, i dont look at it unless my phone or tablet give a chime ( notification )
Even if a professional diagnosed me both paranoid and schizophrenic, though with my meager knowledge of psephology are pushing it

Last edited:
Back