Use back camera as a reverse camera

sltwtr

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi, i have the duo setting. Is there a way to use the rrar camera as a reverse camera as well if ill connect it to an external screen? I know i can do so with the viofo app but i need to start and configure the app everytime so it is not practical for that porpuse.

It can be done (but I don't know how), but when you get in, start the car and want to drive straight away - backwards - the camera's response is too slow. It takes a while for the camera to deliver an image. The reversing camera that comes standard in my car is significantly faster.
And if you're driving a sedan, the camera is far from the end and just a rough guide. With a station wagon on the rear window, it's much better.

However, the slow reaction could be due to the fact that my camera is not constantly connected to 12V. Maybe it's faster if the power supply is continuous, i.e. with park mode and hardwire kit. Maybe others can confirm that?

Hi, i have the duo setting. Is there a way to use the rrar camera as a reverse camera as well if ill connect it to an external screen? I know i can do so with the viofo app but i need to start and configure the app everytime so it is not practical for that porpuse.
Hi, You can connect an external monitor with a wire via the AV-output, Viofo has such a connector, in this case the image will only be on the external monitor.
Viofo A129 PLUS DUO AV-out.jpg AV out cable A119 V3.jpg

AV to 3.5mm Cable - RCA-male.jpg

Back