Video format app sharing

Eyefivedashcam

Reaction score
Country
United States
I currently use the A119 V3 and am considering upgrading to version with WiFi specifically for app connectivity. I use TS format to save files on camera. I find it a hassle to deal with though as most playback/editing software doesn’t support it. I spend a lot of time converting TS to MPEG with Handbrake. What I’m wondering is, does the viofo app let you easily convert TS to mpeg ? I understand the app supports sharing videos but does it convert TS files when you share videos?

I currently use the A119 V3 and am considering upgrading to version with WiFi specifically for app connectivity. I use TS format to save files on camera. I find it a hassle to deal with though as most playback/editing software doesn’t support it. I spend a lot of time converting TS to MPEG with Handbrake. What I’m wondering is, does the viofo app let you easily convert TS to mpeg ? I understand the app supports sharing videos but does it convert TS files when you share videos?
So sorry that we have misunderstood you before. Actually, only A119V3 can support TS files among our cameras, but it cannot support WiFi, so you cannot change the video format in the APP. The A139 can support TS, but it needs special firmware. Other cameras just support MP4 which cannot be changed in the APP.

Last edited:
So sorry that we have misunderstood you before. Actually, only A119V3 can support TS files among our cameras, but it cannot support WiFi, so you cannot change the video format in the APP. The A139 can support TS, but it needs special firmware. Other cameras just support MP4 which cannot be changed in the APP.
Why did you drop the .TS format?
It is a good fall back when a system is playing up and the customer is getting corrupted files.

I think you misunderstood my question . . .
LOL
The A119V3 is able to record in mp4 if you want. It is just a setting in the menu.

There are the A129 Duo plus. A129 Duo Pro, A229 Duo (relatively new dashcam) then there are T130, A139, and a single like the A119V3 called the Mini V2 which has wifi and the same sensor as the A139 Pro, seems like a very capable dashcam.

Hope that helps you out a bit.

Cheers

Why did you drop the .TS format?
It is a good fall back when a system is playing up and the customer is getting corrupted files.

LOL
The A119V3 is able to record in mp4 if you want. It is just a setting in the menu.

There are the A129 Duo plus. A129 Duo Pro, A229 Duo (relatively new dashcam) then there are T130, A139, and a single like the A119V3 called the Mini V2 which has wifi and the same sensor as the A139 Pro, seems like a very capable dashcam.

Hope that helps you out a bit.

Cheers
TS format is not so stable on the A119V3 actually, and this format also cannot be compatible with many equipments. That is why we have given up to use it with other cameras.

the Mini V2 which has wifi and the same sensor as the A139 Pro, seems like a very capable dashcam.
The Mini 2 has a Sony STARVIS 2 IMX675 5MP on board.
A139 Pro has Sony STARVIS 2 IMX678 8MP on board.

I spend a lot of time converting TS to MPEG with Handbrake.
ffmpeg will convert TS to MPEG really fast, if you are able to use ffmpeg, It can do it as it copies the files off the memory card, so it actually takes no extra time over just copying the files!

The Mini 2 has a Sony STARVIS 2 IMX675 5MP on board.
A139 Pro has Sony STARVIS 2 IMX678 8MP on board.
oops thanks for that. one digit different 675 - 678 but 3MP! Big difference.

ffmpeg will convert TS to MPEG really fast, if you are able to use ffmpeg, It can do it as it copies the files off the memory card, so it actually takes no extra time over just copying the files!
I'll check it out

Back